7th February 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
- 7th February 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
- 1. Agni-I missile with nuclear weapon tested successfully
- 2. Spacex puts sports car in Space
- 3. Discovery’s Journal reveals Family trees of the forests
- 4. RBI will keep the monetary repo rate on hold
- 5. India remains fastest growing domestic aviation market
1. Agni-I missile with nuclear weapon tested successfully
- India tested Agni Agni-I ballistic missile which is developed to carry nuclear payload.
- The trial of the missile was done of the 700km range missile rom launch pad-4 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Abdul Kalam Island.
- This is the 18th version of Agni-I. the Agni series missile was introduced in 2004.
2. Spacex puts sports car in Space
- SpaceX launches heavy rocket lifts on its first test flight which also carries a red sports car.
- The project is intended to reach in the sun’s orbit and launch a car on the Mars.
- With the launch, the Heavy became the most powerful rocket in use today.
- The rocket was launched from Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
3. Discovery’s Journal reveals Family trees of the forests
- A release of the international journal reveals that the tropical forests might be oceans part but they share a common ancestry.
- The international journal “Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences” published by discovery.
- The finding has been done by more than 100scientis which says that dry forests found in India, America, Africa and Madagascar are also closely related to each other.
4. RBI will keep the monetary repo rate on hold
- The monetary policy committee of Reserve Bank of India is expected to keep key rate on hold while rhetoric will be toughened.
- The committee comprises of 6 members who will be meeting last time for this financial year 2017-18.
5. India remains fastest growing domestic aviation market
- According to the global airlines body IATA (International Air Transport Association), India remained world’s fastest growing domestic aviation market for the year 2017.
- The reasons cited for the consistency were economic and network expansion bolstered the sector.
- Also, Revenue Passenger Kilometres (RPK) rose by 7.6 per cent in 2017, which has registered “above-trend growth”.