6th February 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
- 6th February 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK Questions
- 1. PM Modi to lay foundation of a temple in UAE
- 2. Emergency declared in Maldives
- 3. Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant gets extension
- 4. Shiva Keshavan aims to win last performance in ice
- 5. Indian Women Cricket team thrashes South Africa by 88 runs
1. PM Modi to lay foundation of a temple in UAE
- During the visit to United Arab Emirates PM Narendra Modi will be laying the foundation of temple in Abu Dhabi.
- The foundation of the temple will be laid as the community engagement program.
- The complete journey will be the event of a three-nation tour starting from Palestine.
- Modi will be the first Indian Prime Minister to visit and pay tributes at the memorial of the late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat.
2. Emergency declared in Maldives
- The Maldives government has declared an emergency of 15 days.
- The declaration has been given by the President Abdulla Yameen who has implemented emergency for the second time.
- In the event former President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom is also arrested for spiraling political crisis.
3. Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant gets extension
- The Niti Ayog’s Chief Executive Officer Amitabnh Kant has got extension until 2019 now.
- The order has been issued by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Earlier to Niti Ayog, Kant was Secretary of Department of Investment Promotion and Publicity (DIPP)
4. Shiva Keshavan aims to win last performance in ice
- To overcome an injury Shiva Keshavan has decided to end his international by playing for the last time Pyeongchang Games which is his 6th and last winter Olympics.
- He is the reigning Asian champion in Luge winning 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017 championships and the speed record holder.
- Shiva aged 36 has represented India in every winter Olympic since 1998.
5. Indian Women Cricket team thrashes South Africa by 88 runs
- In the first ODI of ICC Women’s Championship India defeated South African cricket team by 88 runs.
- Indian cricketers had set a target of 213 runs to chase which South Africa failed to score.