12th February 2018 Current Affairs in English, Daily GK News/ Questions
1. India and Oman signs 8 MOUs
- In the event of PM Narendra Modi’s visit to UAE, the wide ranging talks with Oman’s Prince Qaboos bin Said al Said led to signing of 8 pacts together.
- The 8 pacts signed between the countries were regarding field of defence, health and tourism among others.
- Oman is home to over 800,000 expatriate Indians.
2. Narendra Modi conferred with ‘Grand Collar of the State of Palestine’
- During the visit to Paletine, Modi was conferred with Grand Collar of the State of Palestine by President Mahmoud Abbas for promotion of relation between the countries.
- Modi is the first Indian Prime Minister to make an official visit to Palestine.
- Grand Collar is the highest honor given to the foreign dignitaries.
- During the visit both the countries got engaged in signing of 6 MoUs worth 40million USD .
3. First of its kind Sanskrit Spoken Centre in India Opens
- In the initiative to popularise the ancient language Gujarat University has come up with Centre for Spoken Sanskrit.
- The centre was inaugurated by Home Minister Rajnath Singh which will be open for all.
- The centre will offer a six-month course for people on how to speak the language in a fixed fee of Rs 500/-.
4. Keshavan finished 34th in his last day
- In the event of Winter Olympics, Shiva Keshvan finished at 34th place in men’s luge.
- Participating in his last Olympics, he finished, 344 metre track at the Olympic Sliding Center in 48.900 seconds.
- Keshavan was just 16years old when he first took part in winter Olympics and since then he has won Asian Luge Championships in 2011, 2012, 2016 and 2017.
- Also in the event, Sweden’s Charlotte Kalla claimed the first gold of the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.
5. Three new eel species found in Bay of Bengal
- The scientists have discovered 3 new species in the past few months namely Gymnothorax pseudotile, Gymnothorax visakhaensis and Enchelycore propinqua from the Vishakhapatnam coast.
- Across the world about 1,000 species of eels have been identified from which around 125 have been found in India.
- The eels are widely used for food culture across the globe for possessing different nutrients.
Daily Current Affairs Daily Quiz Free Mock Test Question & Answer
Check out complete details of upcoming recruitments without too much searching through our free subscription We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously We know what’s UpcomingWant to know them?
|Agriculture Jobs||Air Force Jobs||Army Jobs|
|Bank Jobs||BPO Jobs||Content Writing Jobs|
|CRPF Jobs||Defence Jobs||Engineering Jobs|
Education Wise Jobs
|10th Pass Jobs||12th Pass Jobs||8th Pass|
|B Pharma||B.Arch Jobs||B.COM Jobs|
|B.Ed jobs||B.SC Jobs||B.Tech Jobs|