12th February 2018 Current Affairs in English, Daily GK News/ Questions
1. India and Oman signs 8 MOUs
- In the event of PM Narendra Modi’s visit to UAE, the wide ranging talks with Oman’s Prince Qaboos bin Said al Said led to signing of 8 pacts together.
- The 8 pacts signed between the countries were regarding field of defence, health and tourism among others.
- Oman is home to over 800,000 expatriate Indians.
2. Narendra Modi conferred with ‘Grand Collar of the State of Palestine’
- During the visit to Paletine, Modi was conferred with Grand Collar of the State of Palestine by President Mahmoud Abbas for promotion of relation between the countries.
- Modi is the first Indian Prime Minister to make an official visit to Palestine.
- Grand Collar is the highest honor given to the foreign dignitaries.
- During the visit both the countries got engaged in signing of 6 MoUs worth 40million USD .
3. First of its kind Sanskrit Spoken Centre in India Opens
- In the initiative to popularise the ancient language Gujarat University has come up with Centre for Spoken Sanskrit.
- The centre was inaugurated by Home Minister Rajnath Singh which will be open for all.
- The centre will offer a six-month course for people on how to speak the language in a fixed fee of Rs 500/-.
4. Keshavan finished 34th in his last day
- In the event of Winter Olympics, Shiva Keshvan finished at 34th place in men’s luge.
- Participating in his last Olympics, he finished, 344 metre track at the Olympic Sliding Center in 48.900 seconds.
- Keshavan was just 16years old when he first took part in winter Olympics and since then he has won Asian Luge Championships in 2011, 2012, 2016 and 2017.
- Also in the event, Sweden’s Charlotte Kalla claimed the first gold of the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.
5. Three new eel species found in Bay of Bengal
- The scientists have discovered 3 new species in the past few months namely Gymnothorax pseudotile, Gymnothorax visakhaensis and Enchelycore propinqua from the Vishakhapatnam coast.
- Across the world about 1,000 species of eels have been identified from which around 125 have been found in India.
- The eels are widely used for food culture across the globe for possessing different nutrients.
We know what’s UpcomingWant to know them?
|Agriculture Jobs||Air Force Jobs||Army Jobs|
|Bank Jobs||BPO Jobs||Content Writing Jobs|
|CRPF Jobs||Defence Jobs||Engineering Jobs|
Education Wise Jobs
|10th Pass Jobs||12th Pass Jobs||8th Pass|
|B Pharma||B.Arch Jobs||B.COM Jobs|
|B.ED Jobs||B.SC Jobs||B.Tech Jobs|