23rd February 2018 Current Affairs in English, Daily GK News
1. India ranks 81st in global corruption perception index
- In the report index released by the Transparency International India has been ranked 81st in the global corruption perception index for 2017.
- The index ranks total 180 countries and territories by their perceived levels of public sector corruption.
- India’s score, remained unchanged at 40 as in the 2016 India was in the 79th place among 176 countries.
2. India Signs MoU With Canada’s IDRC
- The government of India has signed MoU with The Canada’s International Development Research Centre.
- The MoU is targeted to improve the program based research for the current and future developmental challenges.
- Since 1972, IDRC has funded 551 research activities worth CA$159 million in India through institutions, researchers and NGOs for fields of finance, agriculture, industry and health.
3. Parivartan: Scheme launched in Haryana
- The Haryana government today launched Parivartan a scheme designed to address issues and concerns in the Haryana state.
- The issues include cleanliness and pollution and 8 other concerns, in 46 developmental blocks of the state.
- The scheme has been launched by Chief Minister Lal Khattar.
4. Sale for the first electoral bonds to begin from Mar 1-10
- The finance ministry has revealed that the sale of the first batch of electoral bonds will take place from March 1-10 at designated branches of State Bank of India.
- However as per the scheme only registered political parties, which have secured not less than 1 per cent of the votes polled in the last election of the Lok Sabha or legislative assembly of the state, will be eligible to receive electoral bonds.
- The electoral bond will be valid for 15 days from the date of issue.