22nd February 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK News
- 22nd February 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK News
- 1. Avani became the first Indian women to fly solo fighter aircraft
- 2. Politician Kamal Hasan launches his party
- 3. National capital will have BS Grade IV fuel from April
- 4. India successfully conducts night trial of Prithvi-II missile
- 5. PM Modi announces Rs 20,000 crore defence production corridor in UP
1. Avani became the first Indian women to fly solo fighter aircraft
- Flying Officer Avani Chaturvedi has become the first Indian woman to fly a fighter aircraft MiG-21 Bison solo.
- Other women who have been given strenuous training programme to fly fighter jets are Bhawana Kanth and Mohana Singh.
- The women fighter aircraft flying are been taught after the government decided to open the fighter stream for women in batches of three.
2. Politician Kamal Hasan launches his party
- Kamal Haasan has formally launched his political party called Makkal Needhi Maiam (People’s Justice Centre).
- He also unfurled his party’s flag, which has six hands – three in red and three in white – joined together around a star on a white background.
- The launch was held at Madurai.
3. National capital will have BS Grade IV fuel from April
- The Central government has advanced the availability of the BS-VI grade fuel by two years and it will be available in the national capital from April 1.
- The government decided to switch over to BS-VI grade fuel directly from BS-IV skipping BS-V.
- BS-III grade fuel has been banned by the Supreme Court.
4. India successfully conducts night trial of Prithvi-II missile
- India today successfully conducted a night trial of its indigenously developed nuclear capable Prithvi-II missile.
- The Prithvi-II missile is capable of carrying 500 to 1,000 kg of warheads with a strike range of 350 km.
- Inducted into the Armed forces of the country in 2003, ingle-stage liquid-fuelled Prithvi-II is the first missile to have been developed by the DRDO.
5. PM Modi announces Rs 20,000 crore defence production corridor in UP
- In the investors summit the PM Modi made announcement that as proposed in the Union Budget One of the two defence industrial corridors will be built in Bundelkhand.
- The investment worth Rs 20,000 crore in the most backward region of Uttar Pradesh will help in creating 2.5 lakh jobs.
- During the event 1,048 MoUs, entailing an investment of Rs 4.28 lakh crore, have already been signed between investors and UP government.