24th February 2018 Current Affairs In English, Today GK Questions
1. PM Modi to launch “Amma two-wheeler” scheme
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be visiting Chennai and attend the launch of Amma Two-wheeler Scheme.
- It is the ambitious scheme of AIADMK government to provide 50 per cent subsidy to working women to buy two-wheelers.
- The project will be launched on the birth anniversary of Amma-late chief minister J Jayalalithaa.
2. India successfully test fires ‘Dhanush’ ballistic missile
- The Ballistic missile Dhanush was very successfully test fired from a naval ship.
- The surface-to-surface missile having nuclear capability can strike range of 350 km.
- Dhanush missile is the naval variant of ‘Prithvi’ missile having capable of carrying a payload of 500kg and hitting both land and sea-based targets.
3. RBI regulates NBFC scheme for NBFC
- The Reserve Bank of India will soon be launching Ombudsman scheme for the Non Banking Finance Scheme (NBFC) to address complaints against services.
- However infrastructure finance companies, core investment companies, infrastructure debt fund, etc are excluded from the scheme.
- Initially the scheme will be launched in metro cities like Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai and New Delhi.
4. 44th Edition of Khajurao Dance Festival begins in MP
- The 44th Dance edition of Khajurao Dance Festival is being held in Madhya Pradesh.
- The inauguration of the event was done by the Governor of MP Anandibgen Patel.
- In the event famous dance performances are being held like Kathak, Odissi, Bharatnatyam, Kuchipudi, Kathakali and Mohiniattam.
- The dance performances are held in an open-air auditorium commonly in front of the Chitragupta Temple dedicated to the Sun God and the Vishwanatha Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
5. Rani Rampal named captain for women’s tour of Korea
- For the Indian Hockey team’s opening series with the Korea at Jinchun National Athletic Centre, Rani Rampal has been selected as the team leader.
- India will play five matches against Korea from March 3 to 12.