10th March 2018 Current Affairs In English, Today GK Questions
1. French President arrive India on a 4 day visit
- French President Emmanuel Macron along with his wife Brigitte Marie-Claude Macron and senior ministers of cabinet have arrived India who were received by Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi.
- During his visit, he will be attending ISA (International Solar Alliance) and boosting ties in areas of maritime security and counter-terrorism among others.
- Emmanuel along with Modi will also inaugurate a solar plant in Uttar Pradesh’s Mirzapur.
2. Supreme Court permits ‘Death with Dignity’
- The Supreme Court of India has given the legal verdict of allowing “Passive Euthanasia” which states- dignified life extends up to the point of having a dignified death.
- Also the advance directives have been given legal status now by a 5 member constitution bench.
- Passive euthanasia involves withdrawal of life support or discontinuation of lifer-preserving medical treatment so that a person with a terminal illness is allowed to die in natural course.
3. Rajasthan Assembly passes bill for rapists of girls under 12
- The Rajasthan Assembly has passed the bill of death penalty for those who will be guilty of raping girl under 12.
- In the Criminal Laws for Rajasthan Amendment Bill, 2018, after passing of the bill a new section will be added 376-AA in the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
- The bill quotes “Whoever commits rape on a woman up to twelve years of age shall be punished with death, or rigorous imprisonment for a term which shall not be less than fourteen years but which may extend to imprisonment for life which shall mean imprisonment for the remainder of that person’s natural life, and shall also be liable to fine”.
4. Uttarakhand bird festival kicks off
- The fifth Uttarakhand bird festival has taken place at Thano where the bird lovers can spot rare bird species.
- In the three day event visitors can get a sight of around 175 bird species.
- This time in the event grey-backed shrike this was not recorded previously.