12th March 2018 Current Affairs In English, Today GK Questions
1. India and France sign 14 agreements
- The government of India and France on Saturday signed total 14 agreements aiming to boost the bilateral cooperation between the countries.
- The agreements were signed between various departments from railway, defence ministry, sustainable urban development along with many others.
- Also in the event, leaders from both the sides signed agreement of new confidentiality agreement, replacing the 2008 pact which shields the government from sharing classified information on defence deals.
2. First ever ISA Summit begins in New Delhi
- The first ever ISA (International Solar Alliance) Summit has begun in New Delhi at the Rashtrapati Bhavan Cultural Center.
- In the event, a series of events has been signed by the ISA and global financial institutions for the development.
- Along with the participation of several global leaders the heads of 23 nations, 10 ministerial representatives of different countries will be joining the event.
- While speaking in the event, French President Macron announced investment of 700 million Euros for global solar energy generation by 2022.
3. Multilateral HADR Air Force exercise begins in March
- The first Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) exercise of the Indian Air Force with the association of South Asian Region Nation has begin at coast of Kerala.
- The exercise is named ‘Samvedna’ which involves representatives from air forces of Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal and the UAE.
- This exercise headed by the IAF is the first step by air forces of the region to practice and evolve a joint HADR capability.
4. Navjot Kaur climbs to World No. 2
- The Asian Champion Navjot Kaur who has been rewarded gold medal, as put her on the position of World No 2 according to United World Wrestling.
- Her ranking has been given for 65kg category; Vinesh Phogat is No. 2 in the 50kg while Sakshi Malik is No. 4 in the 62 kg category.
- From others Sangeeta Phogat has been ranked 5th in the 59kg category.
5. Anjum shoots silver at World Cup
- Anjum Moudgil translated her efforts into winning silver in the event of shooting World Cup.
- She scored the position after achieving 120 shots in qualification and 45 more in the final.
- Anjum missed the gold by 1.2 point against Pei Ruijao of China, who qualified a world record 1178 shots.