15th March 2018 Current Affairs In English | Today GK Questions
- 15th March 2018 Current Affairs In English | Today GK Questions
- 1. Mauritius becomes landmarks to World Hindi Secretariat
- 2. World Consumer Rights Day, PM Modi focuses consumer prosperity
- 3. Saudi Arabia to use nuclear power to reduce dependence on oil
- 4. Pune emerges as the best city in urban governance
1. Mauritius becomes landmarks to World Hindi Secretariat
- While the visit to the Mauritius, President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated World Hindi Secretariat building in Mauritius.
- In the event he also launched World Hindi Secretariat’s logo.
- President Kovind will also leave for Madagascar in the final leg of his visit. He will be the first Indian President to visit the place.
2. World Consumer Rights Day, PM Modi focuses consumer prosperity
- On the occasion of World Consumer Rights Day, PM Modi shared his views on and gave hints for his working to protect the consumer rights.
- For the same, in October 2017, he had inaugurated World Consumer Protection Conference in New Delhi.
- The 2015 UN guidelines on consumer protection will be replacing the Consumer Protection Act 1986.
3. Saudi Arabia to use nuclear power to reduce dependence on oil
- To cure the situation of increased demand for the crude oil and not getting enough prices, the cabinet of Saudi Arabia has given approval to the atomic policy, which limits nuclear activities to peaceful purposes.
- Saudi Arabia is the world’s largest exporter of oil.
- The crown prince of Saudi Arabia is Mohammed bin Salman.
4. Pune emerges as the best city in urban governance
- In the5th edition of ASICS (Annual Survey of India’s City-Systems), Pune has emerged as the best city in terms of urban governance from other cities.
- Following Pune other top ranking cities were Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Bhubaneswar and Surat.
- The survey was conducted in 23 cities, where Bengaluru was rated worst along with Chandigarh, Dehradun, Patna and Chennai.
- The survey by an NGO-Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy which ranks cities on the key components: Urban Planning and Design, Urban Capacities and Resources, Legitimate Political Representation and its transparency, accountability and participation.