16th March 2018 Current Affairs In English – Today GK Questions
- 16th March 2018 Current Affairs In English – Today GK Questions
- 1. World Happiness Repot: India slips 10 ranks down
- 2. All 3 Government media wings now integrated into one
- 3. Modi inaugurates Science Congress
- 4. Haryana queues in passing bill of death penalty for rape
- 5. CoA takes away functioning powers of BCCI office bearers
1. World Happiness Repot: India slips 10 ranks down
- According to the latest reports of World Happiness Report, Finland has topped list while India’s raking has slipped down from 122 to 133 since last year whereas Pakistan is on number 75 from the list of 156 countries.
- In the state survey of global happiness, second position has been grabbed by Norway.
- The statistics is being calculated on the basis of migration due to income, healthy life expectancy, social support, freedom, trust and generosity within and between countries.
- Denmark, Switzerland, Norway and Finland are on the top while Malawi, Liberia, Haiti, Syria, Rwanda, Yemen, Tanzania, South Sudan, Central African Republic and Burundi are the least happy countries according to the report.
2. All 3 Government media wings now integrated into one
- The government of India has integrated its media units into a single structure as- ‘The Bureau of Outreach Communication.’
- All the three media units DAVP (Directorate of Advertising & Visual Publicity), Directorate of Field Publicity and Song & Drama Division; having overlapping are now combined under BOC.
- The formation of BOC has been done to pay attention towards uncovered areas and focus on regional language communication to connect with locals.
3. Modi inaugurates Science Congress
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 105th edition of Indian Science Congress in Imphal.
- This time in the event neither there were Nobel Laureates nor foreign delegates.
- The ISC was firstly scheduled to be organized in Osmania University in January which was postponed due to the student unrest.
4. Haryana queues in passing bill of death penalty for rape
- The Haryana Assembly is the new member to take action against passing of bill of capital punishment for raping child below 12years.
- The cabinet meeting headed by Haryana CM, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar punishment of death or imprisonment of at least14 years has been decided for rape including gang rape of girl less than 12years.
- With this judgment, Haryana is the 3rde member against crime in the country after Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
5. CoA takes away functioning powers of BCCI office bearers
- The Committee of Administrators has gone a step forward by issuing ‘Diktat’ to stop the office bearers of BCCI from taking actions.
- In the report filed in Supreme Court is has also stopped the board officials from using the BCCI funds to meet the legal expenses for Lodha Panel related cases.
- The BCCI officials according to the 12 point Diktat cannot plan their various meetings without CoA’s permission.