28th March 2018 Current Affairs In English – Daily GK Questions
1. Gallantry awards being conferred by President Ram Nath Kovind
- The Defence Investiture Ceremony was being held at the Rashtrapati Bhavan where the awards were conferred by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- The President awarded soldiers with Kirti Chakra to CRPF Commandant Chetan Cheetah and Posthumous Kirti Chakra was given to Major David Manlun.
- Kirti Chakra is the 2nd highest peacetime award next to Paramveer Chakra.
- Meanwhile, other awards conferred in the event were 17 Shaurya Chakras, 14 Param Vishisht Seva Medals (PVSM), one Uttam Yudh Seva Medal (UYSM) and 22 Ati Vishisht Seva Medals (AVSM).
2. SC announces Khap panchayats’ interference in marriages illegal
- The Supreme Court of India gave a landmark decision from wherein the interference of Khap Panchayat has been declared illegal.
- The decision came after the plea from NGO Shakti Vahini addressing concerns like issuing diktats and interfering in marriages.
- The bench was laid by Justice Dipak Mishra, Justice AM Khanwilkar and Justice DY Chandrachud to put down preventive measures.
- Thought it has been declared illegal proper legislation will come into force only after bill passing in parliament.
3. Sushma Swaraj to begin Japan tour
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will begin her 3day tour to Japan from 28th
- Sushma Swaraj will be meeting her counterpart Taro Kono for the ninth India-Japan Strategic Dialogue to take place on 29th
- Japan is one of the largest investors in India, promoting growth of infrastructure, manufacturing, financial markets and various other projects.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK QuestionsClick Here
4. Surat: First District to have 100% solar powered healthcare energy centres
- Gujarat’s Surat district has developed combat to electricity saving issues by going 100% solar energy efficient for institutions having more electricity consumption.
- Surat has now become the first district in the country to have 100 percent solar powered Primary Health Centers (PHC).
- Other than health care centers, gram panchayats are also being shifted to 100% solar energy efficient.
5. Muskan Bhanwala secures India’s fourth individual gold at Junior World Cup
- In the concluding event of ISSF (International Shooting Sport Federation) Junior World Cup Muskan gave India the fourth Individual Gold in the event.
- Another India’s golden medal winner girl is Manu Baker in the event of women’s 25m Pistol.
- Overall, India stood second in medals tally at the ISSF World Cup behind China with a total of 22 medals out of which nine gold, five silver and eight bronze.
- The event is being held in Sydney.