27th March 2018 Current Affairs In English – Today GK Questions
1. Book launched in memory of legendary Parthsarthi G.
- In tribute to Gopalaswamy Parthsarathi (GP) a book has been launched by Academic Foundation celebrating his life.
- Gopalaswamy has served as key adviser to several Indian prime ministers.
- Gopalaswamy who lived from 1912-1995 served as a science and technology adviser to Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- Apart from his major contribution as Indian Ambassador to Beijing in early 1960s for India and China ties gave his major contribution as vice-chancellor of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) from 1969-1974 where he founded prestigious institution IIMC.
2. Digital Health Security Law in Draft
- In regards to data protection, the central government has drafted Digital Information in Healthcare Security Act (DISHA).
- The act lays down that any data which includes physical, physiological and mental health condition, sexual orientation, medical records and biometric information are the personal property of the individual who pertains it.
- The act envisages the Health Information Exchange, State Electronic Health Authority and a National Electronic Health Authority to be duty-bound to protect the privacy, confidentiality and security of the owner’s digital health data.
- The National Health Protection Mission also covers punishment of 5year jail term or 5lakh fine for data breaching.
3. India becomes the third largest electricity producer
- According to the reports released by a report by India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF) in the past 7 years, India’s electricity production has grown by 34% making it 3rd largest electricity producer across the world.
- With the production of 1,423 BU in Financial Year 2016, India was the third largest producer next to China and United States.
- In terms of electricity generation, India is ahead of Russia and Japan.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. GSAT-6A to give shot to armed forces
- The GSAT-6A, second predominantly S-band communications satellite designated by ISRO for use of Armed Forces is all set to be released on 29th
- The special feature of GSAT-6A is its 6-metre-wide umbrella-like unfurl-able antenna which will enable mobile communication from anywhere via hand-held ground terminals.
- The antenna will unfurl once it is in space.
- GSAT-6A is slated to be launched on a GSLV rocket.
5. Varanasi: Oldest city turns wireless
- 86 years after the Varanasi got electricity; the city is now completely dismantled into wireless.
- The reformation was announced by former Union Minister of State Power and Coal, Piyush Goyal for underground cabling in the oldest city Varanasi in 2015.
- The development project of laying underground lines over 16 sq-km was conducted under Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS).