22nd March 2018 Current Affairs In English | Today GK Questions
1. March 22, this year 25th World Water Day
- March 22 is observed every year as World Water Day on to focus on the importance of water and its preservation.
- On 22 March 1993, the first World Water Day was designated by the United Nations General Assembly.
- Theme for this year’s World Water Day 2018 is ‘Nature for Water’ – exploring nature-based solutions to the water challenges we face.
2. Centre to launch national Health Protection Scheme
- The Centre will soon launch Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission, AB-NHPM.
- Under the health protection scheme there will be coverage of Rs 5 lakh per year to family belonging to the poor and vulnerable sections of the society.
- Mr JP Nadda (Union Health Minister) confirmed the launch of product adding that this will be the world’s largest government-funded healthcare program.
3. German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier on 4-day visit to India
- German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier will visit India from March 22 to 25 to strengthen bilateral ties.
- This is the visit of Walter as the President of Germanys.
- Germany is India’s largest trading partner in Europe and the sixth largest trading partner in the world.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK QuestionsClick Here
4. World’s last white rhino dead
- Sudan, the last male from species of White Rhinoceros had died at the age of 45 in Kenya.
- Besides Sudan now only two females of its subspecies are alive in the world.
- The last two females of the same species are 27-year old Najin and 17-year old Fatu.
5. March 21st, World Poetry Day
- The date of 21st March has been proclaimed as the World Poetry Day back in 1999.
- The proclamation was adopted by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in Paris.
- A survey was conducted after between different nations after which the decision was made on November 3, 1999 to celebrate the day.