22nd March 2018 Current Affairs In English | Today GK Questions
1. March 22, this year 25th World Water Day
- March 22 is observed every year as World Water Day on to focus on the importance of water and its preservation.
- On 22 March 1993, the first World Water Day was designated by the United Nations General Assembly.
- Theme for this year’s World Water Day 2018 is ‘Nature for Water’ – exploring nature-based solutions to the water challenges we face.
2. Centre to launch national Health Protection Scheme
- The Centre will soon launch Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission, AB-NHPM.
- Under the health protection scheme there will be coverage of Rs 5 lakh per year to family belonging to the poor and vulnerable sections of the society.
- Mr JP Nadda (Union Health Minister) confirmed the launch of product adding that this will be the world’s largest government-funded healthcare program.
3. German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier on 4-day visit to India
- German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier will visit India from March 22 to 25 to strengthen bilateral ties.
- This is the visit of Walter as the President of Germanys.
- Germany is India’s largest trading partner in Europe and the sixth largest trading partner in the world.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. World’s last white rhino dead
- Sudan, the last male from species of White Rhinoceros had died at the age of 45 in Kenya.
- Besides Sudan now only two females of its subspecies are alive in the world.
- The last two females of the same species are 27-year old Najin and 17-year old Fatu.
5. March 21st, World Poetry Day
- The date of 21st March has been proclaimed as the World Poetry Day back in 1999.
- The proclamation was adopted by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in Paris.
- A survey was conducted after between different nations after which the decision was made on November 3, 1999 to celebrate the day.