26th March 2018 Current Affairs In English
1. Prime Minister Modi’s Mann ki Baat focuses on agriculture
- In the 42nd edition of monthly radio programme Mann ki Baat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi mainly addressed farmers and labours.
- He said that the new budget has been drafted keeping in mind the challenges and requirements of labour and farmers to provide them fixed Minimum Support Price (MSP) at 1.5 times of the input cost.
- He also focused on the necessity for Preventive healthcare and laid emphasis on Yoga, for the upcoming event of International Yoga Day on June 21.
- He also addressed his attention towards the transformation of India and its value globally. The world is looking at India as a hub of investment and innovation.
2. Bhaskar group initiates Javed Akhtar Sahitya Samman
- Javed Akhtar Literature Ceremony has been initiated by the Dainik Bhaskar Group for the promotion and appraisal of literary works.
- Started newly, the maiden award was honoured to Suryabhanu Gupt who is a renowned poet of Hindi gazals.
- The award ceremony will be organized every year at different places to keep going the appraisal.
3. The world celebrates Palm Sunday on 25th March 2018
- Palm Sunday is observed by the Christians across the world in the belief that it commemorates the entry of Jesus Christ into Jerusalem before he was arrested.
- The day got its significance as it is believed that palm branches were placed in Jesus’s path.
- Though the day doesn’t have a fixed day, every year it falls exactly a week before on Sunday before the Easter Sunday and Good Friday celebrated on March 30.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK QuestionsClick Here
4. Martin Vizcarra swear as Peru’s New President
- Peru got its new president in Martin Vizcarra after Pedro Pablo Kuczynski resignation who has less than 2 years into his 5 years term.
- Martin Vizcarra was Peru’s first vice president and ambassador to Canada.
- Pedro Pablo Kuczynski resigned due to accusations of corruption.
5. Punjab crowned National hockey champion
- Punjab won National title in the final of the 8th men’s National hockey championships.
- The team has won its first title in the five years.
- The match was won against Petroleum Sports Promotion Board (PSPB).