4th April 2018 Current Affairs in English, Daily GK Questions
1. Sreekumaran Thampi adjudged J.C. Daniel Award
- Sreekumaran Thampi, the lyricist and director has been awarded with the J.C. Daniel Award.
- C. Daniel Award is the Kerala government’s highest honor for lifetime contribution to Malayalam cinema.
- Thampi made his debut in 1966 with Kattumallika and has written over 1,000-odd melodies.
- Thampi has also won the Kerala Sangeeta Nataka Akademi award for lifetime contribution to light music and drama song.
Today's Latest GK Current Affairs Questions Answer Click Here
2. Suresh Prabhu launches digital initiatives for ease of exports
- Suresh Prabhu, to promote ease of exports has launched digital initiatives in coherence to the Digital India Mission.
- In the advent 3 integrated digital portals, namely ‘Safe Food Export Traceability’ Portal, ‘One Laboratory One Assessment’ Portal and ‘Monitoring Export Alerts’ Portal were introduced.
- The portals will bring together all regulators, accreditation bodies and other stakeholders at one place.
3. Sushma Swaraj begins her 3-day visit to Azerbaijan to attend NAM meet
- The external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj has begun her three-day visit to Azerbaijan to attend the Mid-Term Ministerial Meeting of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM).
- Ms Swaraj will hold bilateral negotiations with the Foreign Minister of Azerbaijan, Elmar Mammadyarov for energy, transportation, and capacity building.
- Indian has been the founding member of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM).
- Swaraj will also participate in consultations with the President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and First Vice-President of Azerbaijan Mehriban Aliyeva.
4. Prakash Javadekar releases ‘India Rankings 2018’ for Higher Educational Institutions
- Human Resources Minister Prakash Javadekar has released the rankings for Higher Educational Institutions and presented awards under the NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework).
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISC) in Bengaluru was adjudged as the best institution in the country precedent to all parameters.
- The aim of awarding is to encourage competition to perform better and set up new benchmarks of performance in higher education space.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
5. MIA among cleanest AAI airports in the country
- The MIA (Mangaluru International Airport) has been declared as the cleanest and the best maintained airport in the country by the Airport Authority of India.
- The award has been given in B-category i.e. airport category to handle 15 lakh to 50 lakh passengers.
- The survey by Airport Authority of India was done in February 2018.