30th March 2018 Current Affairs In English | Read Daily GK News
1. UP Govt changes Ambedkar’s Name to Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar
- The Uttar Pradesh government has recently passed an order to change the name Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar to Dr Bhimaro Ramji Ambedkar in all official documents.
- Here Ramji is the name of Ambedkar’s father.
- The initiative to change his name was taken by the Governor UP Ram Naik, as it has been cited the name comes from his signatures on the pages of constitution and Hindi speaking states have been using wrong name.
2. Supreme Court Appoints Justice Jawad Rahim for Acting Chairperson of NGT
- For the National Green Tribunal the Supreme Court has elected Justice Jawad Rahim as the chair person of green panel where the decision was lead by Justice Dipak Misra.
- Justice Jawad Rahim was already judicial member of the panel.
- The decision has been taken after the plea requested by the NGT, wherein Rahim’s appointment is valid up to the department doesn’t recruit eligible cadidtae.
- The NGT was setup in 2010 for disposal of cases relating to forest conservation, environmental protection and conservation including natural resources.
3. MP government launches ‘Kadaknath’ app to market rare chicken breed
- The Madhya Pradesh government has launched a mobile application “MP Kadaknath” for the market selling of its chicken breed popularly known as “Kadaknath”.
- The Kadaknath is the rare Indian breed of Chicken whose black meat contains nutrients and purported medicinal properties.
- The app will be helpful to connect poultries that sale the breed with people from other parts of the country.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. Mobile internet users in India to reach by 456 mn
- From the latest reports brought by Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) there is around 17.22% of increase from the last year.
- The statistics has brought around 456million users according to report titled “Mobile Internet in India 2017”.
- The report estimates that there are 291 million urban mobile internet users and 187 million rural users as on December 2017.
- The report estimates that the users are likely to be increased by 478million users.
5. NITI Aayog launches ranking of ‘aspirational districts’
- The NITI Aayog launched baseline ranking for 101 aspirational (underdeveloped) districts based on 49 indicators across several sectors.
- NITI Aayog and the Andhra Pradesh government have created a dashboard ‘Champions of Change’ for real-time data collection and monitoring will be facilitated for public viewing.
- According to the ranking, Mewat of Haryana, Asifabad of Telangana and Singrauli of Madhya Pradesh are most backward districts.