31st March 2018 Current Affairs GK in English- Today GK Questions
- 31st March 2018 Current Affairs GK in English- Today GK Questions
- 1. Former CBSE chairperson Vineet Joshi appointed director general of National Testing Agency
- 2. Madhya Pradesh govt rises the retirement age of employees to 62 years
- 3. IE 100 list of powerful Indians released
- 4. Russia successfully test fires most powerful nuclear missile
- 5. HCL launches career training program for women
1. Former CBSE chairperson Vineet Joshi appointed director general of National Testing Agency
- The government has appointed Vineet Joshi as the director general of the National Testing Agency, NTA.
- The NTA has been come set up by the government to conduct entrance examinations for higher educational institutions organized by the CBSE, AICTE and later many other bodies as well.
- Vineet Joshi has been former CBSE chairperson who introduced the CCE pattern.
- At present Joshi is serving as the commissioner planning, power and resident commissioner, Manipur government.
2. Madhya Pradesh govt rises the retirement age of employees to 62 years
- The chief minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chouhan has made the announcement raising the retirement age of the state government employees to 62years.
- Across the state there are nearly 5 lakh state government employees for whom the decision will be valid.
- According to Shivraj Singh, due to the order of Supreme Court’s order for reservation in promotion due to which many of the employees are not able to get promotion, thus the age extension has been done 62years from 60years so that each employee gets promoted before retirement.
3. IE 100 list of powerful Indians released
- The ie100 list for the year 2018 has been released with the names of 100 most powerful Indians.
- The names of popular Indians in the list are created from across different fields such as from the field of politics, business, film industry and many more.
- The chronology of the top ten names in the list was Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Amit Shah, Justice Dipak Misra, Mohan Bhagwat, Sonia Gandhi, Mamata Banerjee, Rajnath Singh, Arun Jaitley, Yogi Adityanath and Mukesh Ambani.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK QuestionsClick Here
4. Russia successfully test fires most powerful nuclear missile
- Russia’s military had successfully tested most advanced nuclear-capable intercontinental ballistic missile- RS-28 ‘Sarmat’.
- The Sarmat is a heavy ICBM which has increased capacity of carrying 200 tons nuclear warheads and has an increased range of up to 16,000 miles.
- The missile will enter to service by 2021.
5. HCL launches career training program for women
- The HCL technologies have launched a triaging program for women titled ‘íBelieve’.
- The program focuses to ignite the career of women who have taken break from IT career of 2 years but less than 6 years can refresh their skills.
- The program is a 1 to 3 month intensive class-room training program.