9th April 2018 Current Affairs in English, Daily Quiz Questions
- 9th April 2018 Current Affairs in English, Daily Quiz Questions
- 1. Nepal and India strengthen their bilateral ties in key areas
- 2. 3rd anniversary of Mudra Yojana
- 3. Icarus, the farthest star ever seen
- 4. Bankim Chandra Chatterjee’s birth anniversary on 8th April
- 5. Commonwealth Games, India positions 3rd
1. Nepal and India strengthen their bilateral ties in key areas
- Meantime in the visit of Nepal President KP Sharma Oli to India, both the countries have agreed for their bilateral ties.
- Both the countries have agreed to construct a new electrified rail line from Raxaual city of Indian of Bihar to Kathmandu, Nepal’s capital.
- Other key areas being agreed were security, transport and waterways, agriculture and Pancheswor Multipurpose Project.
Today's Latest GK Current Affairs Questions Answer Click Here
2. 3rd anniversary of Mudra Yojana
- The Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY) was launched on April 8, 2015 this year had it’s 3rd
- The PMMY is a flagship scheme of India’s government to “fund the unfunded” by bringing the enterprise in the formal financial system.
- The loans under the scheme are called ‘Mudra’ where it has three products namely Shishu, Kishore and Tarun.
3. Icarus, the farthest star ever seen
- Scientists have recently detected the most distant star ever viewed and has named it after Greek mythological figure ‘Icarus’.
- With the use of NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope, the star has been spotted which is 9.3 billion lights years away from Earth and twice as hot as Sun.
- It is the type of star that can be called a blue supergiant.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. Bankim Chandra Chatterjee’s birth anniversary on 8th April
- The date had birth anniversary of the great poet Bankim Chandra Chatterjee/Chattopahdyay.
- He is the writer of our national song Vande Mataram.
- Among other write-ups, Bankim wrote 19 novels from which one was ‘Anandmath’ in which he mentioned the poem.
- ‘Vande Mataram’, whose composition was given by Rabindranath Tagore was adopted as the national song in 1950.
5. Commonwealth Games, India positions 3rd
- On the fourth day of the event, Medals to India were given by weightlifter Punam Yadav and Manu Bhaker from shooting gave gold while Hina Sindu gave silver.
- On the fifth day of at the Gold Coast common wealth India won another Gold medal from the efforts of Mouma Das and Madhurika Patkar as team in Table Tennis and Jitu Rai in the shooting event. While Mehuli Ghosh won silver and Apurvi Chandela won bronze.
- In the tally of total medal India is running on third position with total 8 gold medals.