7th April 2018 Current Affairs in English, GK News Updates
1. 7th April: World Health Day
- Across the globes, the World Health Day is celebrated on 7th April each year.
- This is the one of the 8 campaigns marked by the World Health Organization.
- The slogan for health awareness is “Health for all” and the theme for this year is universal health coverage: everyone, everywhere.
- The first ever World Health Day was celebrated in 1948.
Today's Latest GK Current Affairs Questions Answer Click Here
2. Maharashtra Govt, Centre, & World Bank sign 420 million dollar project
- The help the small and marginal farmers, Centre, Maharastra Government and the World Bank have signed a 420 million dollar project
- The investment of the project will be made for climate resilient practices in agriculture to make sure that farming remains viable for them.
- Initially the signed project will be implemented for Marathwada and Vidarbha region.
3. Shri Piyush Goyal Launches UTTAM APP for Coal Quality Monitoring
- Shri Piyush Goyal as the union minister of railways and coal has launched UTTAM App for Coal Quality Monitoring.
- UTTAM stands for ‘Unlocking Transparency by Third Party Assessment of Mined Coal’.
- Through the app it will be easy for all citizens and coal consumers to monitor the process of Third Party Sampling of coal across Coal India Limited subsidiaries.
- The features of the coal are: Sampling Coverage, Subsidiary wise quality parameters, Complaints pertaining to quality of Coal, Imports of coal and its sampled volume.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. Common Wealth Games 2018: India rises third in the medal table
- On the second day of Common Wealth Games, weightlifter Sathish Sivalingam gives India its third Gold medal in the 77 weight category.
- Other two medal Gururaja Poojary and to Mirabai Chanu.
- On total India has managed to score total 5 medals, 3 Gold and 1 from silver and bronze each. All the medals have been by the country’s weightlifters.
5. 11th edition of IPL Cricket kicks off from today
- The 11th edition of Indian Premier League cricket (IPL) will be begin at the end of week in Mumbai.
- The season’s opening clash will be played at the Wankhede Stadium.
- New for this year is the ‘Decision Review System’ has also been introduced in the 2018 edition.
- Also this season for the first time in IPL’s history a five-day transfer window has been allowed from where the unsold players who have been featured in previous games can by picked to boost its reserves.