6th April 2018 Today Current Affairs in English, Daily GK Questions
1. Nepal Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli to arrive India on a 3-day visit
- Nepal Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli will beging his 3day visit for resetting ties, mutual trust and confidence between the countries.
- Besides the bilateral ties Nepalese Prime Minister will also meet President, Vice-President External Affairs Minister and Home Minister.
- It is expected for both the countries to come up with new pacts to progress the partnership.
Today's Latest GK Current Affairs Questions Answer Click Here
2. BJP celebrates its 38th foundation day
- The Bhartiya Janta Party has its 38th foundation day for which BJP Maha Melava has been organized.
- The ceremony is being organized in the Maharashtra, Mumbai at the Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC).
- For BJP Maha Melava, Mumbai has an emotional connect, as its first convention after formation of the party was held in the Maharashtra capital in 1980.
3. Sahyog- Hyeoblyeog 2018: Indian, Korean coast guards hold joint exercise
- On the Chennai off coast Indo-Korean coast guard ship joint anti-piracy, search and rescue exercise enhance inter-operability in the fields of maritime operations.
- The Korean Coast Guard ship ‘Badaro’ participated in the exercise.
- On the counterpart from Indian Coast Guard a Dornier aircraft along with ICG Shaurya, Rani Abbakka, C-423, C-431 participated in the exercise.
- From both the sides Director General of Indian Coast Guard Rajendra Singh and Commissioner of Korean Coast Guard General Park Kyung reviewed the exercise.
4. CWG 2018: Sanjita Chanu, Mirabai Chanu bags gold medal
- Sanjita Chanu from Manipur bagged India its second gold medal in the weight lifting championship in the 53kg weightlifting category.
- This is the second gold medal for Sanjita in the Common Wealth Games.
- Also in the 48kg weight category Mirabai Chanu managed to clinch gold where in the Glasgow CWG she had won silver.
- For the men’s weightlifting 56 kg category, India secured silver from the account of P Gururaja where it is his debut in CWG.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
5. India becomes second largest crude steel manufacturer
- According to the revelations of Steel Users Federation of India (SUFI) India has emerged as the world’s second largest producer of crude steel.
- This major achievement of India comes next to China while beating Japan.
- According to the World Steel Association, India produced 8.4 mt of crude steel which is 3.4% over to previous year.