6th April 2018 Today Current Affairs in English, Daily GK Questions
1. Nepal Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli to arrive India on a 3-day visit
- Nepal Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli will beging his 3day visit for resetting ties, mutual trust and confidence between the countries.
- Besides the bilateral ties Nepalese Prime Minister will also meet President, Vice-President External Affairs Minister and Home Minister.
- It is expected for both the countries to come up with new pacts to progress the partnership.
Today's Latest GK Current Affairs Questions Answer [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://jobs.chekrs.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/04/Today’s-current-affairs-6-april.pdf"]Click Here[/button]
2. BJP celebrates its 38th foundation day
- The Bhartiya Janta Party has its 38th foundation day for which BJP Maha Melava has been organized.
- The ceremony is being organized in the Maharashtra, Mumbai at the Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC).
- For BJP Maha Melava, Mumbai has an emotional connect, as its first convention after formation of the party was held in the Maharashtra capital in 1980.
3. Sahyog- Hyeoblyeog 2018: Indian, Korean coast guards hold joint exercise
- On the Chennai off coast Indo-Korean coast guard ship joint anti-piracy, search and rescue exercise enhance inter-operability in the fields of maritime operations.
- The Korean Coast Guard ship ‘Badaro’ participated in the exercise.
- On the counterpart from Indian Coast Guard a Dornier aircraft along with ICG Shaurya, Rani Abbakka, C-423, C-431 participated in the exercise.
- From both the sides Director General of Indian Coast Guard Rajendra Singh and Commissioner of Korean Coast Guard General Park Kyung reviewed the exercise.
4. CWG 2018: Sanjita Chanu, Mirabai Chanu bags gold medal
- Sanjita Chanu from Manipur bagged India its second gold medal in the weight lifting championship in the 53kg weightlifting category.
- This is the second gold medal for Sanjita in the Common Wealth Games.
- Also in the 48kg weight category Mirabai Chanu managed to clinch gold where in the Glasgow CWG she had won silver.
- For the men’s weightlifting 56 kg category, India secured silver from the account of P Gururaja where it is his debut in CWG.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
5. India becomes second largest crude steel manufacturer
- According to the revelations of Steel Users Federation of India (SUFI) India has emerged as the world’s second largest producer of crude steel.
- This major achievement of India comes next to China while beating Japan.
- According to the World Steel Association, India produced 8.4 mt of crude steel which is 3.4% over to previous year.