20th April 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily GK News Update
- 20th April 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily GK News Update
- 1. Civil Services Day function starts off
- 2. India ranked as 6th largest economy by IMF
- 3. Central government awards Most Film Friendly Award to Madhya Pradesh
- 4. India is the fastest growing economy, IMF
- 5. 16th Federation Cup Jr National athletics championship begins
1. Civil Services Day function starts off
- The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances along with the Ministry of Personnel and Public Grievances and Pensions is organizing the Civil Services Day function.
- The two days event will be inaugurated by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- In the event, PM Modi will confer awards for Excellence in Public Administration for decided priority programs.
- In the inaugural session, the Vice President will also release a book titled: ‘Emulating Excellence- Takeaways for Replication’.
Today's Latest Current Affairs GK Pdf Click Here
2. India ranked as 6th largest economy by IMF
- In terms of calculation for the Gross Domestic Product and worth of economy, India has produced $2.6 trillion for 2017.
- The statement revealatio comes from the database of International Monetary Fund’s World Economic Outlook (WEO) for April 2018.
- Now India comes down to, United States, China, Japan, Germany and United Kingdom replacing France from 6th
3. Central government awards Most Film Friendly Award to Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh is titled Most Film Friendly Award by the Central government for its improved efforts in ease of filming.
- The award will be given to state for creating well structured website, infrastructure, offering incentives, undertaking marketing and promotional initiatives during the presentation of the 65th National Film Awards.
- The award announcement was done by Chairman of the Jury, Shri Ramesh Sippy.
- While in the Announcement, State of Uttarakhand is given a Special Mention Certificate for creating recognizable efforts.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. India is the fastest growing economy, IMF
- The International Monetary Fund, IMF has revealed that India is expected to grow at a rapid scale of 7.4% in current year and 8% in 2019 and emerge as the fastest growing major economies.
- According to IMF the reasons for lower growth rate of 6.7% in previous year were demonetisation and GST.
- The remarkable progress is that India’s projected growth provides some offset to China’s gradual slowdown.
5. 16th Federation Cup Jr National athletics championship begins
- The 16th Federation Cup Junior National Athletics Championship has been kicked off in Coimbatore today i.e. 20th
- The championship is also the selection trails for for the 18th Asian Junior Athletic Meet to be held at Gifu, Japan to be held in June.
- Over 800 athletics from the age group 16 to 20 years take part in 44 events.