14th April 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily Top GK Questions
1. 14th April: Dr Bhimaro Ramji Ambedkar 127th birth anniversary
- Nation remembers Dr Bhimaro Ramji Ambedkar on his 127th anniversary who was born in 1891 at Mhow in Madhya Pradesh.
- On day earlier to the eve of Babasaheb’s birth anniversary Dr Ambedkar National Memorial was dedicated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Babasaheb, besides chief architect of constitution was also the first law minister of India.
- Babasaheb’s popular quotes involve ‘Sabka Sath, Sabka Vikas’.
- On the eve of his birthday, PM Narendra Modi will also launch Health Care Centres in Bijapur under the Ayushman Bharat scheme.
Today's Latest Current Affairs GK Pdf Click Here
2. Smriti Irani to take part in Samrasta Diwas
- On the eve of Bhimrao Ambedkar Jayanti, at the Samrasta Diwas program is being celebrated in the Amethi, Uttar Pradesh.
- She will also flag off rally ‘Sabka Sath, Sabka Vikas’.
- While, at the birth place of Babasaheb President Mr Kovind will be attending the function being held at Mhow in Madhya Pradesh.
3. 65th National Award, highest honor conferred in Indian Cinema
- Veteran Hindi film actor Vinod Khanna was conferred with highest honor of Indian Cinema i.e. Dadasaheb Phalke Award posthumously. He is the 49th recipient of the award.
- In the women’s category, Best Actress posthumously the award was given to the late actress Sridevi for her performance in MOM.
- The National Award for Best Film has gone to Assamese film- Village Rockstars.
- Dada Sahab Phalke awards are being presented since 1969.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. India jumps 13 places in latest annual Index of Economic Freedom
- In the annual index of Economic Freedom released by an American think-tank the Heritage Foundation, India has jumped 13 places in the last one year.
- Among 180 countries, India gained its rank at 130th spot from 143 as on last year.
- The neighboring countries China has gained the spot of 110 while Pakistan is at 131.
5. Commonwealth Games 2018: Updates
- C. Mary Kom made her debut in the Common Wealth Games with gold medal in the 48kg weight category.
- In the event Naman Tanwar won India’s 1st Boxing Medal.
- While Bajrang Punia also won his 1st CWG Gold medal in the men’s freestyle 65 kg.
- On the same day Anish Bhanwala, 15years becomes India’s youngest CWG gold medalist winning in men’s 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Finals.
Daily Current Affairs Daily Quiz Free Mock Test Question & Answer
Check out complete details of upcoming recruitments without too much searching through our free subscription We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously We know what’s UpcomingWant to know them?
|Agriculture Jobs||Air Force Jobs||Army Jobs|
|Bank Jobs||BPO Jobs||Content Writing Jobs|
|CRPF Jobs||Defence Jobs||Engineering Jobs|
Education Wise Jobs
|10th Pass Jobs||12th Pass Jobs||8th Pass|
|B Pharma||B.Arch Jobs||B.COM Jobs|
|B.ED Jobs||B.SC Jobs||B.Tech Jobs|