14th April 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily Top GK Questions
हिंदी में पढ़े! || Read in English
1. 14th April: Dr Bhimaro Ramji Ambedkar 127th birth anniversary
- Nation remembers Dr Bhimaro Ramji Ambedkar on his 127th anniversary who was born in 1891 at Mhow in Madhya Pradesh.
- On day earlier to the eve of Babasaheb’s birth anniversary Dr Ambedkar National Memorial was dedicated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Babasaheb, besides chief architect of constitution was also the first law minister of India.
- Babasaheb’s popular quotes involve ‘Sabka Sath, Sabka Vikas’.
- On the eve of his birthday, PM Narendra Modi will also launch Health Care Centres in Bijapur under the Ayushman Bharat scheme.
Today's Latest Current Affairs GK Pdf [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://drive.google.com/file/d/142x0z94k2KjbdJr3sH_zB2QVpa9aJVFq/view?usp=sharing"]Click Here[/button]
2. Smriti Irani to take part in Samrasta Diwas
- On the eve of Bhimrao Ambedkar Jayanti, at the Samrasta Diwas program is being celebrated in the Amethi, Uttar Pradesh.
- She will also flag off rally ‘Sabka Sath, Sabka Vikas’.
- While, at the birth place of Babasaheb President Mr Kovind will be attending the function being held at Mhow in Madhya Pradesh.
3. 65th National Award, highest honor conferred in Indian Cinema
- Veteran Hindi film actor Vinod Khanna was conferred with highest honor of Indian Cinema i.e. Dadasaheb Phalke Award posthumously. He is the 49th recipient of the award.
- In the women’s category, Best Actress posthumously the award was given to the late actress Sridevi for her performance in MOM.
- The National Award for Best Film has gone to Assamese film- Village Rockstars.
- Dada Sahab Phalke awards are being presented since 1969.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. India jumps 13 places in latest annual Index of Economic Freedom
- In the annual index of Economic Freedom released by an American think-tank the Heritage Foundation, India has jumped 13 places in the last one year.
- Among 180 countries, India gained its rank at 130th spot from 143 as on last year.
- The neighboring countries China has gained the spot of 110 while Pakistan is at 131.
5. Commonwealth Games 2018: Updates
- C. Mary Kom made her debut in the Common Wealth Games with gold medal in the 48kg weight category.
- In the event Naman Tanwar won India’s 1st Boxing Medal.
- While Bajrang Punia also won his 1st CWG Gold medal in the men’s freestyle 65 kg.
- On the same day Anish Bhanwala, 15years becomes India’s youngest CWG gold medalist winning in men’s 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Finals.