13th April 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily GK News Update
1. President Kovind returns after 3 nation tour
- President Ram Nath Kovind has returned to India after his 3 nation visit to Guinea, Swaziland and Zambia.
- During the last leg of his visit, Mr Kovind and his Zambian counterpart Edgar Chagwa Lungu laid the foundation stone of Lusaka traffic Decongestion.
- For the project India is funding 250 million dollars which will be starting in three years.
Today's Latest Current Affairs GK Pdf Click Here
2. PM inaugurates India’s mega defence exhibition – DefExpo 2018
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 10th edition of Defence Expo at Mahabalipuram in Tamilnadu.
- The theme of the expo this year is “India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub.”
- At present 500 Indian companies are participating in the exhibition, while the number of multinational companies is over 150.
- PM Modi stated that since 2014 under the Make in India, country has become self reliant by reducing its defence imports.
3. Rajesh Ranjan appointed DG of CISF
- The IPS Rajesh Ranjan has been appointed as the Director General of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
- He has been given the position after OP Singh who now became the DG of UP Police.
- Mr Ranjan will be the DG of CISF till 2020.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. Common Wealth Games 2018: Sushil and Rahul gave gold medals
- On the 9th Day of the Commonwealth game in Gold Coast India Sushil Kumar gave gold medal in the 74kg freestyle wrestling category while Rahul Aware from the 57kg freestyle added other gold.
- Tejaswini Sawant also managed to get gold while Moudgil won silver in Shooting event.
- Additional medal from wrestling team, were silver medal given by Babita Kumari in the 53kg weight category and Kiran Bishnoi took third place in the 76kg category winning bronze medal.
5. Two Indian Athletes breached in CWG for No- needle Policy
- Two Indian players, triple jumper A.V. Rakesh Babu and race walker Irfan Kolothum Thodi from the Common Wealth Games have been breached and asked to return home.
- The no needle policy states that there shall be no use of needles until it has been prescribed by qualified practitioner for injury or illness.
- The Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) has now suspended the accreditation of both the players.
Daily Current Affairs Daily Quiz Free Mock Test Question & Answer
Check out complete details of upcoming recruitments without too much searching through our free subscription We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously We know what’s UpcomingWant to know them?
|Agriculture Jobs||Air Force Jobs||Army Jobs|
|Bank Jobs||BPO Jobs||Content Writing Jobs|
|CRPF Jobs||Defence Jobs||Engineering Jobs|
Education Wise Jobs
|10th Pass Jobs||12th Pass Jobs||8th Pass|
|B Pharma||B.Arch Jobs||B.COM Jobs|
|B.ED Jobs||B.SC Jobs||B.Tech Jobs|