12th April 2018 Current Affairs In English – Govt Exams GK Questions
1. ISRO launches navigation satellite IRNSS-1L
- Indian Space Research Organization has launched a new satellite recently namely IRNSS-1I.
- The IRNSS-1I is the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System-1L which is 8th in its kind launched to become part of a constellation.
- All of the seven satellites are part of the NavIC navigation satellite constellation.
Today's Latest Current Affairs GK Pdf [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1twT-dQU3PJPLYU_YalhWuI6Wv5v022To/view?usp=sharing"]Click Here[/button]
2. India, Morocco sign pact to promote mineral exploration
- India and Morocco has inked pacts for agreement through MoUs for both public and private sector during the bilateral ties.
- The bilateral discussions were brought down between Mines Minister Narendra Singh Tomar and his counterpart Aziz Rabbah from Morocco.
- Among other the most important MoU is on the development of the geological infrastructure for Geoscience Maps and geochemical maps, to strengthen the research and evaluation of resources.
3. Professor Balram Bhargava appointed DG of ICMR
- For the post of Director General in Indian Council of Medical Research and Secretary at Department of Health Research, AIIMS professor Balram Bhargava has been appointed.
- While in the same event, Renu Swaroop has been given the position of Secretary of the Department of Biotechnology.
- Bhargava has been appointed for a period of 3 years while Swaroop for 2 years until both attains age of 60.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. Rishad Premji appointed Nasscom chairman
- Rishad Premji has been appointed as the Chairman of the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM). Earlier he was the Executive Council member.
- Premji has been succeeded by Raman Roy who has also been Chairman and Managing Director, Quatrro Global Services.
- NASSCOM also appointed Keshav Murugesh as the Vice Chairman for the next year.
5. Common Wealth Games Day 8: Indian wins total
- On the day 8 of the CWG games being held in Golf Coast, Tejaswini Sawant has won the gold medal in 50m Rifle Prone.
- Wrestler Babita Kumari, Sushil Kumar, will be playing for the gold medal too.
- On day 7 total 3 medals were won by Shreyasi Singh winning Gold and bronze each from Ankur Mittal and Om Prakash Mitharval.