17th April 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily Current GK News
1. PM Modi reaches Stockholm on his first leg of visit
- PM Narendra Modi who is on a two nation European tour has reached to Sweden at Stockholm.
- Here the Prime Minister will be holding bilateral talks with the heads of India-Nordic Summit.
- During the bilateral ties, PM Modi and his counterpart Stefan Lofven will have the opportunity to interact with top business leaders to bring the layout of future cooperation.
- PM Modi is also expected to meet with King of Sweden Carl XVI Gustaf.
Today's Latest Current Affairs GK Pdf [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oXDT1Jvd68C1BbvrA2N54QItW9S3jWS5/view?usp=sharing"]Click Here[/button]
2.Dharmendra to get Maharashtra government’s Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement Award
- The Maharashtra government has decided to honor veteran actor Dharmendra with Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Whereas director Rajkumar Hirani, has been decided to confer Special Contributions Award.
- Dharmendra has been entitled with the award because he has given 103 hits in his entire career among others.
3. ISRO carries out final orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I
- In the complete series of four orbit-raising operations, the satellite IRNSS-II is close to geosynchronous orbit as planned.
- The IRNSS-1I is the eighth satellite in the constellation which is part of Indian Constellation system originally known as Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (NavIC) or IRNSS.
- The satellite was the 43rd flight of ISRO’s workhorse launcher Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. NASA to launch washing machine size space craft, aims searching 20,000 exoplanets
- NASA has scheduled to launch the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) to scan more than 2000000 brightest stars.
- The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket is aimed at releasing the space craft for search of planets beyond solar system in search for life.
- The design of Space craft is follow-on the US space agency’s Kepler spacecraft (launched back in 2009).
- The Kepler space craft was first of its kind which is now low on fuel.
5. India ranks 10th on new Commonwealth innovation index
- In the Index launched as a part of Commonwealth Innovation Hub, India was marked 10th.
- The index was launched as a part of partnership with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) of United Nations and its annual Global Innovation Index (GII).
- From all the 53 countries, the list has been topped by UK, Singapore and Canada.