17th April 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily Current GK News
1. PM Modi reaches Stockholm on his first leg of visit
- PM Narendra Modi who is on a two nation European tour has reached to Sweden at Stockholm.
- Here the Prime Minister will be holding bilateral talks with the heads of India-Nordic Summit.
- During the bilateral ties, PM Modi and his counterpart Stefan Lofven will have the opportunity to interact with top business leaders to bring the layout of future cooperation.
- PM Modi is also expected to meet with King of Sweden Carl XVI Gustaf.
Today's Latest Current Affairs GK Pdf Click Here
2.Dharmendra to get Maharashtra government’s Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement Award
- The Maharashtra government has decided to honor veteran actor Dharmendra with Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Whereas director Rajkumar Hirani, has been decided to confer Special Contributions Award.
- Dharmendra has been entitled with the award because he has given 103 hits in his entire career among others.
3. ISRO carries out final orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I
- In the complete series of four orbit-raising operations, the satellite IRNSS-II is close to geosynchronous orbit as planned.
- The IRNSS-1I is the eighth satellite in the constellation which is part of Indian Constellation system originally known as Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (NavIC) or IRNSS.
- The satellite was the 43rd flight of ISRO’s workhorse launcher Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. NASA to launch washing machine size space craft, aims searching 20,000 exoplanets
- NASA has scheduled to launch the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) to scan more than 2000000 brightest stars.
- The SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket is aimed at releasing the space craft for search of planets beyond solar system in search for life.
- The design of Space craft is follow-on the US space agency’s Kepler spacecraft (launched back in 2009).
- The Kepler space craft was first of its kind which is now low on fuel.
5. India ranks 10th on new Commonwealth innovation index
- In the Index launched as a part of Commonwealth Innovation Hub, India was marked 10th.
- The index was launched as a part of partnership with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) of United Nations and its annual Global Innovation Index (GII).
- From all the 53 countries, the list has been topped by UK, Singapore and Canada.