16th April 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Today’s GK News
1. India to be partner country for Europe’s mega exposition
- For the Europe’s mega exposition ‘Ambiente’ of living, dining and gifting items to be held next year, India is going to be its partner.
- India is the second Asian country after Japan to partner with the Ambiente.
- The next Ambiente will be held on 8-12 February 2019 while the Indian edition will take place on 27-29 June in New Delhi, where it will be hosting 150 companies from Indonesia, Switzerland, Thailand and India itself.
Today's Latest Current Affairs GK Pdf Click Here
2. PM Modi to visit Sweden & UK
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has confirmed his visits to Sweden and United Kingdom enhance India’s engagement with these countries.
- He will be visiting Sweden and the United Kingdom for bilateral meetings and for the India-Nordic Summit & Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting from 17th to 20th
- The India-Nordic Summit will be jointly organized with Sweden in which Prime Ministers of inland, Norway, Denmark and Iceland will also participate.
- While during UK visit, under the theme of “Living Bridge”, PM Modi will also meet people who have enriched the multi-faceted India-UK relationship.
3. 7th edition of Home Expo India begins
- The 7th edition of Home Expo India 2018 will begins at India Expo Centre and Mart in Greater Noida which has been inaugurated by the Information and Broadcasting Minister Smriti Irani.
- The three day event will showcase house wares, textiles and furniture all at One-Stop Expo for every visitor.
- The event will be participated by more than 650 Indian exporters focusing on major markets of USA, Canada, and other European countries.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. CWG 2018: India ends up the campaign being 3rd on the spot
- At the 21st Common Wealth Games ending India finished the 11day event being 3rd in the overall medal tally.
- Indian players gave overall 66 medals which included 26 Gold, 20 Silver and 20 Bronze medals.
- On the final day of the event, India won seven medals including one Gold, four Silver and two Bronze.
- The Gold was given by Saina Nehwal in women’s single badminton defeating P V Sindhu.
- Silver Medals were given by Kidambi Srikanth, Satwik Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty (in Men’s Double), and Dipika Pallikal Karthik and Joshna Chinappa (in squash doubles).
- The Bronze medal were won by the Achanta Sharat Kamal (in Men’s singles) and by the Manika Batra and Sathiyan Gnanasekaran (in mixed doubles match).
Read Also:Daily Current Affairs Daily Quiz Free Mock Test Question & Answer
|Agriculture Jobs||Air Force Jobs||Army Jobs|
|Bank Jobs||BPO Jobs||Content Writing Jobs|
|CRPF Jobs||Defence Jobs||Engineering Jobs|
Education Wise Jobs
|10th Pass Jobs||12th Pass Jobs||8th Pass|
|B Pharma||B.Arch Jobs||B.COM Jobs|
|B.Ed jobs||B.SC Jobs||B.Tech Jobs|