19th April 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily GK News
- 19th April 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily GK News
- 1. 19th April, World Liver Day being observed today
- 2. India and UK sign 10 agreements
- 3. Odisha’s second longest river bridge inaugurated
- 4. 235 districts to be covered in POSHAN Abhiyaan Phase-II
- 5. National portal to share research facilities
1. 19th April, World Liver Day being observed today
- Across the world, 19th April is being observed as the Liver Day to spread awareness about the second largest organ in the body.
- The theme of this year is ‘Riding New Waves in Liver Diagnosis, Staging & Treatment’.
- According to WHO, liver diseases are 10th most common cause of death in India.
Today's Latest Current Affairs GK Pdf Click Here
2. India and UK sign 10 agreements
- India and the UK have signed 10 agreements in several sectors which also includes major projects like Ganga rejuvenation and skill development.
- Both the sides have agreed to share strategies that can promote confidence in ICT products.
- Between both the countries, the major concern was Cyber Security, Combating International Criminality and expansion of long term growth.
3. Odisha’s second longest river bridge inaugurated
- The bridge over IB River (tributary of Mahanadi), is the second longest bridge of Odisha river has been inaugurated by the Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
- The bridge is around 2.5 km long built in 3 years to bring the connecting Sambalpur and Brajarajnagar.
- The distance between both the villages has been reduced by 50kms now.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. 235 districts to be covered in POSHAN Abhiyaan Phase-II
- The POSHAn Abhiyan which was launched to address malnutrition will be initiated in phase II now covering 235 districts.
- The POSHAN Abhiyaan metting was chaired by vice chairman of NITI Aayog Rajiv Kumar.
- POSHAN Abhiyaan was launched on 8th March 2018 by the Prime Minister in Jhunjhunu.
- Under the Abhiyaan, Swasth Bharat Preraks will be deployed one in each district for implementation of Abhiyan and efficient coordination with district officials.
- In the efforts made by IISc (Bangalore) soon the researched for any college/institution in India will be able to check the reserve of research equipment and facilities anywhere in India.
- The portal, Indian Science, Technology and Engineering Facilities Map approved by government last month will be operation soon.
- The portal is result brought in implementation by Centre for Nano Science and Engineering (CeNSE).