5th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Today’s Current GK Update
1. Dakota aircraft joins IAF again
- The Dakota aircraft has joined Indian Air Force after more than 4 decades at a grand ceremony held at Hindan air force station.
- The name of the aircraft is Dakota DC-3 VP 905.
- The Dakota popularly known as the Gooney Bird was the first major transport aircraft inducted in the Indian Air Force which served from 1947 to 1971.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf Click Here
2. India tops list of fastest growing economies in study of Harvad Study
- The CID i.e. Centre for International Development at Harvard University has revealed that India is on top of the list as fastest growing country for the coming decade.
- India has been termed best on the criteria termed the Complexity Opportunity Index (COI).
- India is projected to grow at 7.9 per cent annually and improve the sectors such as chemicals, vehicles, and certain electronics.
3. HRD ministry launches online faculty for professional development
- The human resource development department has a portal in an initiative for professional development of higher education namely SWAYAM.
- Through the online portal, faculties irrespective of their discipline to stay updated with the new
- Associated with the project, National Resource Centers (NRC) will be identified and will be given tasks for online training preparation.
- These NRCs wide range of Social Sciences, Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Humanities, Design and Manufacturing, Language Teaching, Commerce, Management, Education Planning and Administration, Public Policy and other disciplines.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. Star Khel Mahakumbh launched at Dharamshala
A sports initiative namely Star Khel Mahakumbh has been launched in Dharamshala of Himachal Pradesh, as a platform for 1500 athletes to compete in their games.
The initiative aims to attract participation of youth from across 5000 villages and 800 panchayats.
The participating athletes will compete in volleyball, basketball, cricket, football, kabaddi and athletics.
5. India’s Neeraj Goyat is WBC Asia Boxer of the Year
- The Indian player Neeraj Goyat has been conferred with the WBC Asia Boxer of the Year Award.
- He is champion of the year in welter weight category.