3rd May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily Current GK Quiz
1. Kerala becomes ‘Nokku Kooli’ free on Labour Day
- The chief minister of Kerala announced that on Labor day he made the state Nokku Kooli free by passing an order in favor of labors.
- As per new order, entrepreneurs will now pay the wages fixed by the district labour officers. For non-listed works, wages need to be paid on the basis of bi-party agreement,
- Nokku Kooli literally means ‘gawking wages.
Today's Latest Science & Technology Notes Pdf [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zJt5ft0EoOxa57jhr1YKc_xlGsDP9EDq/view?usp=sharing"]Click Here[/button]
2. Out of 20 most polluted, India has 14 cities
- According to recent released report of WHO for pollution levels in 2016, in the index of most polluted cities, 13 are Indian.
- In terms of PM10 levels, 13 cities in India figure among the 20 most polluted cities of the world which were Lucknow, Agra, Kanpur, Gaya, Patna, Faridabad, Muzaffarpur, Srinagar, Jaipur, Patiala, Gurgaon and Jodhpur.
- The PM that is particulate matter 2.5 includes pollutants like sulfate, nitrate and black carbon, which pose the greatest risk to human health.
3. PMSSY approved beyond 12th Five Year Plan
- The Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana has received the continuation approval from the union cabinet.
- Under the new scheme the government will establish 20 new AIIIMS with a financial outlay of Rs. 14,832 crores.
- The approval will also help create many vacancies with the approval of Ministry of Finance.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. Salah wins writers’ footballer of the year award
- The title of Writers’ Association Footballer of the Year 2017-18 was given to Mohamed Salah
- The Egyptian international player was last month crowned the Premier League’s Players’ Player of the Year.
- With this title he became the first African winner of the FWA accolade since 1948; time since title is being awarded.