2nd May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Get Today’s Current News
1. Bilateral trade between India and China resumes through Nathu La border
- After representative meeting from the India and China, both the countries have agreed on efficient trade for 36 export and 20 import items.
- Due to the Doklam standoff last year, trade through Nathu La border located at a height of 14,200 was closed.
- Earlier, trade between India and China through Nathu La border, feet, resumed in 2006, 44 years after it was closed.
Today's Latest Current Affairs GK Pdf [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://drive.google.com/file/d/14465nCoISq0KnYNWQ162dsAzBo_VpwqD/view?usp=sharing"]Click Here[/button]
2. Shri Sitanshu Kar takes over as Director General of PIB
- Mr Sitanshu Ranjan Kar has took over as the 27th Principal Spokesperson of the Government of India and Director General of Press Information Bureau.
- He has been succeeded by Mr Frank Noronha post to his superannuation.
- Mr Kar has given a career span of 35 years, Mr Kar has served in many of the media units.
3. Hockey India Appoints Harendra Singh As Chief Coach Of Men’s Team
- The Indian hockey team has recently appointed Harendra Singh as the Chief Coach for the Indian Men’s Hockey Team.
- While for the women’s team Sjoerd Marijne has been appointed as the head of Indian women’s hockey team.
- The appointments have arrived after performance of teams in CWG games 2018.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. Shahzar Rizvi claims No.1 spot in 10m air pistol rankings
- Indian shooter Shahzar Rizvi has gained first spot in the world rankings released by the International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF).
- Rizvi managed to secure first spot 1654 rating points in 10m air pistol event beating Russian player Artem Chernousov (1046) and Japan’s Tomoyuki Matsuda (803).
- Other Indians in the top10 is Jitu Rai, who is placed 6th, and Om Prakash Mitharval, at the 12th spot in the.