30th April 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Today’s Current GK News
- 30th April 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Today’s Current GK News
- 1. 30th April, Dadasaheb Phalke Birth Anniversary
- 2. Maharashtra govt signs MoU with British Council to
- 3. Tourism ministry introduces “Adopt a Heritage Scheme”
- 4. LCA Tejas carries out successful test firing of BVR missile
- 5. India’s Bhavani Devi wins silver at Satellite Fencing Championship
1. 30th April, Dadasaheb Phalke Birth Anniversary
- Today is legendary filmmaker 148th birth anniversary.
- Phalke worked as producer, director and screenwriter who made 95 movies and 27 short films in a career of 19 years.
- In 1969, the government of India honoured the legendary filmmaker by instituting the Dadasaheb Phalke award, which is one of the most prestigious awards in Indian cinema and the highest official recognition for film personalities in India.
Today's Latest Current Affairs GK Pdf Click Here
2. Maharashtra govt signs MoU with British Council to
- The Maharashtra government has recently signed a MoU with the British Council to strengthen educational and cultural cooperation.
- The potential areas of development further initiatives to improve English teaching and enhance employability skills in schools and training institutes.
- The MoU which is recently training more than 100,000 teachers benefitting to 5 million learners will increase the existing work.
3. Tourism ministry introduces “Adopt a Heritage Scheme”
- The Indian Tourism Ministry has launched an Adopt a Heritage Scheme under which“Adopt a Heritage: Apni Dharohar, Apni Pehchaan”.
- It is a collaborative project of Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Culture and Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), and State/UTs Governments.
- Under the non revenue generating project, ‘Monument Mitras’ are going to be introduced through the innovative concept of “Vision Bidding”.
- The complete process will be brought into execution through CSR activities.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. LCA Tejas carries out successful test firing of BVR missile
- The Indian Air Force has successfully carried out recently developed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas with air-to-air beyond visual range (BVR) missile.
- The BVR missile is of Derby operational capability.
- The complete project was carried out by ADA and its National Flight Test Centre (NFTC).
5. India’s Bhavani Devi wins silver at Satellite Fencing Championship
- A. Bhavani Devi has won a silver medal in the Sabre event of World Cup Satellite Fencing Championship being held in Iceland.
- Bhavani Devi had won gold medal at the Reykjavik tournament previous year and became the first Indian win to do so in an international fencing event.
- The complete name Bhavani Devi is Chadalavada Anandha Sundhararaman Bhavani Devi.