23rd May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Today’s Latest GK News
1. 22nd May, World Biodiversity Day
- Every year May 22 is observed as International Day for Biological Diversity (IDB) to increase awareness on habitat destruction, marine pollution and climate change.
- The theme for 2018 was Celebrating 25 Years of Action for Biodiversity.
- The day was first observed 1993 by the Second Committee of the UN General Assembly.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ySlMeJtQBN5hs8kXZoKy809sgVMbZPBE/view?usp=sharing"]Click Here[/button]
2. Karnataka’s new CM, Deputy CM to take oath
- HD Kumaraswamy, JD(S) president will take oath as the Chief Minister of Karnataka which is happening for second time in his political career. Earlier elected as CM in 2006.
- The G Parameshwara, president of Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee will take oath as the deputy Chief Minister of Karnataka today on 23rd
- Parameshwara, has been a former home minister in Siddaramaiah government from 2015 to 2017.
3. NYSE names first women chief in history of 226 years
- The New York Stock Exchange, NYSE has named Stacey Cunningham as its Chief. Operating Officer (COO).
- With this in the history of 226years it’s been first time when any women has been elected as the chief of the company.
- Earlier Stacey has also worked in the company as Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. Polish novel ‘Flights’ English adaptation wins Man Booker Prize
- The Polish author Olga Tokarczuk has won the Man Booker International Prize this year for her novel ‘Flights’.
- The novel is interweaves narratives of travel with explorations of the human body.
- With this, Olga became the first Polish writer to win the award.
- The Man Booker International Prize recognizes and celebrates the English translations of works of international literature.