16th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily Current GK Quiz
- 16th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily Current GK Quiz
- 1. WHO launches ‘REPLACE’ to eliminate trans fat in foods
- 2. President inaugurates 4th Global Exhibition on Services
- 3. India 3rd largest solar market in world
- 4. Shashank Manhoar to serve for second term as ICC Chairman as well
- 5. India beats Tajikistan to win U-16 four-nation football tournament
1. WHO launches ‘REPLACE’ to eliminate trans fat in foods
- The World Health Organization has launched a plan to eliminate trans fats from industrially produced artificial food supply by 2023.
- According to the global body, over 5,00,000 deaths occur worldwide from cardiovascular diseases caused due to intake of trans fat.
- For the purpose, ‘REPLACE’ action has been taken which will be implementation of six strategic actions.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf Click Here
2. President inaugurates 4th Global Exhibition on Services
- The President, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the 4th Global Exhibition on Services.
- In the event he also launched a portal on 12 Champion Sectors in Services to boost economy and create jobs.
- The Global Exhibition on Services is being held in Mumbai where more than 100 countries will be participating.
3. India 3rd largest solar market in world
- Recently in reports released by the Mercom Communications, India emerged as the third largest solar market in the world in 2017.
- Other top countries in the list were China and US.
- According to report, on total 1.6 GW cumulative solar rooftop installations in India by 2017.
4. Shashank Manhoar to serve for second term as ICC Chairman as well
- The Shashank Manohar, former BCCI President will serve a second two-year term as the independent chairman of the International Cricket Council.
- Earlier, Mr Manohar became the first independent ICC Chairman in 2016.
- The selection comes after voting by the directors, however being the sole nominee the process was considered complete and Mr. Manohar regained his position.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
5. India beats Tajikistan to win U-16 four-nation football tournament
- In the event of U-16 four-nation football tournament being held in Serbia, Indian team emerged as the champion.
- Rarlier the team had defeated Serbia team, where the lead was doubled after defeating Tajikistan.