8th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily Latest Current GK
1. India & Guatemala sign agreement to boost cooperation
- During the visit of Vice President, Mr Venkaiah Naidu to Guatemela both the countries have inked an agreement to strengthen the diplomatic condition.
- The boost between both countries has been done majorly for educational field through Respective Foreign Service Institutes.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QBamSPWqmIKjCpq3Rpiw6mL9gWTmCdCu/view?usp=sharing"]Click Here[/button]
2. 3rd edition of UNPCAP inaugurated
- The third edition of the United Nations Peacekeeping Course for African Partners i.e. UNCAP has been inaugurated in New Delhi.
- The UNPCAP sessions will be held from May 7-25.
- The course is conducted by Centre for United Nations Peacekeeping in India (CUNPK) to enhance capacity of African Troop in contributing Countries to the UN.
- The sessions have been taking place since 2016.
3. NITI Aayog and Google sign SoI to grow AI ecosystem in India
- NITI Aayog and Google have decided to work together to foster the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning ecosystem in India.
- The SoI i.e. Statement of Intent has been signed between NITI Aayog Advisor, Ms. Anna Roy and Shri Rajan Anandan, Vice President, India and South East Asia Google.
- The Google will work to conduct training programs that aim to sensitize government technical experts about AI Tools.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. India signs USD 200 million loan agreement with World Bank for Poshan Abhiyan
- India has signed a loan agreement with the World Bank for the National Nutrition Mission (POSHAN Abhiyaan).
- The loan worth USD 200 million will support Indian Government’s National Nutrition Mission.
- The POSHAN Abhiyan is popularly known as Nutrition Mission, was launched by PM Narendra in Jhunjhunu Rajasthan; its complete name is PM’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment.
5. Vladimir Putin sworn in for fourth term as Russian President
- Vladimir Putin will swear as the Russian President for fourth time after winning the elections held in March.
- Putting has been Prime Minister or President for 18 years of Russia.
- His first six-year term began in 2012 while the second will end on May 7, 2024. However, according to Russia’s Constitution, an individual cannot serve as President for more than two consecutive terms.