7th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Read Today’s GK Quiz
हिंदी में पढ़े! || Read in English
1. 7th May, Border Roads Organisation to celebrate 58th Raising Day
- The Border Roads Organisation i.e.BRO will celebrate its Raising Day today as it has been 58 years of service to the nation.
- The BRO had its inception in 1960 for the infrastructural development in the border areas of the nation as well as India’s neighborhood which till date has completed 19 projects.
- BRO organisation’s ideology is ‘Shramena Sarvam Sadhyam’.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ebFRQdYD9SlxYCWOO9cFTB6-lKpv1cfn/view?usp=sharing"]Click Here[/button]
2. Vice President Venkaiah Naidu reaches Guatemala
- In the first leg of three nation tour to Latin America, Vice President Venkaiah Naidu reached to Guatemala City.
- During the visit, along with MoUs expected to be signed Vice President will also pay a courtesy call on President Jimmy Morales.
- The expected areas to be discussed for bilateral ties are wild life, human resource trailing, education and exchanges between training institutes.
3. DEPwD to organises Cochlear Implant Awareness Program
- The Department of Empowerment for Persons with Disabilities organizes ‘Cochlear Implant Awareness Program’ in association with Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in Haryana.
- Cochlear Implant is a modern technology to help young children who have deafness in both ears and are not able to hear due to this.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. Nobel Prize in Literature, cancelled this year
- The Nobel Literature Prize for the first time in history of 70 years has been postponed this for this year by the Swedish Academy.
- The prize has been reserved for 2019 due to sexual allegations and implementing efforts for restoring its credibility as a prize-awarding institution.
- The prize was established in 1895 post to which the prize was reserved in 1915, 1919, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1936 and 1949.
5. India finishes on top in South Asian Junior Athletics Championships
- In the event of South Asian Junior Athletics, India has finished on top in the total medal tally of medals.
- Indian athletes managed to bag 20 Gold, 22 Silver and 8 Bronze medals in the final tally.
- The Indian junior athletes also registered five new meet records in the event.