9th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Today’s GK News
1. India ranks 4th in Asia-Pacific on power index
- India is ranked 4th out of 25 nations in the index of Asia Pacific region index in terms of the power.
- With the release of the list, country has been pegged as ‘giant of the future’ in indicators of defence networks and economic relationships.
- The reports were released by Lowy Institute, an Australian Think Tank.
- The most powerful countries in the index are Japan, China, US and India.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf Click Here
2. India, Guatemala to support each other for UNSC membership
- India and Guatemala have agreed to support each other’s candidature for non-permanent membership in the UN Security Council (UNSC).
- Vice President Naidu’s visit to Guatemala is the highest level trip from both sides since the diplomatic ties between the two countries have been established in 1972.
- Also, both sides signed MoU for training of diplomats and a Letter of Intent for training Guatemalan English teachers in India.
3. India, US train for UN peacekeeping
- In the Centre for United Nations Peacekeeping in India (CUNPK), training programs for 19 African countries which is jointly held by India and US trainers.
- Such training course is third in its series.
- Earlier the participation was in English only, however with more participation of Francophone countries, it has been initiated in English and French.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. Google launches Android Things for IoT platform
- The Google has recently launched its Android operating system for home appliances and other machines namely ‘Android Things’.
- The Android operating system powers many of the world’s smart phones and drives consumers to Google’s cash-minting apps.
- Android Things provides hardware and software developers with all the necessary SDKs to build all kinds of IoT devices.