9th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Today’s GK News
हिंदी में पढ़े! || Read in English
1. India ranks 4th in Asia-Pacific on power index
- India is ranked 4th out of 25 nations in the index of Asia Pacific region index in terms of the power.
- With the release of the list, country has been pegged as ‘giant of the future’ in indicators of defence networks and economic relationships.
- The reports were released by Lowy Institute, an Australian Think Tank.
- The most powerful countries in the index are Japan, China, US and India.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QBamSPWqmIKjCpq3Rpiw6mL9gWTmCdCu/view?usp=sharing"]Click Here[/button]
2. India, Guatemala to support each other for UNSC membership
- India and Guatemala have agreed to support each other’s candidature for non-permanent membership in the UN Security Council (UNSC).
- Vice President Naidu’s visit to Guatemala is the highest level trip from both sides since the diplomatic ties between the two countries have been established in 1972.
- Also, both sides signed MoU for training of diplomats and a Letter of Intent for training Guatemalan English teachers in India.
3. India, US train for UN peacekeeping
- In the Centre for United Nations Peacekeeping in India (CUNPK), training programs for 19 African countries which is jointly held by India and US trainers.
- Such training course is third in its series.
- Earlier the participation was in English only, however with more participation of Francophone countries, it has been initiated in English and French.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. Google launches Android Things for IoT platform
- The Google has recently launched its Android operating system for home appliances and other machines namely ‘Android Things’.
- The Android operating system powers many of the world’s smart phones and drives consumers to Google’s cash-minting apps.
- Android Things provides hardware and software developers with all the necessary SDKs to build all kinds of IoT devices.