18th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Today’s Important News
1. Gujarat government launch free treatment scheme for road accident victims
- Gujarat government will launch free treatment scheme under which the government will bear medical expenses of up to 50,000 rupees for each victim of road accident in the state for the first 48 hours.
- The free treatment will include dressing of wounds, X-ray, blood transfusion, treatment in ICU and MRI, and all other treatment available in a hospital.
- The Deputy Chief Minister of state Nitin Patel had made the announcement to launch the free treatment scheme.
- The scheme will be for both non residents of the state as well, in which case treatment conditions will be valid for them as well regardless of their income if the accident occurs in the state.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ySlMeJtQBN5hs8kXZoKy809sgVMbZPBE/view?usp=sharing"]Click Here[/button]
2. Guwahati becomes India’s first solar powered railway station
- Guwahati railway station is now giving environmental consciousness lessons after being fully functional with solar power.
- Under the project nearly 2352 solar modules with a capacity of generating 700 kwp has been set up over the roof of the Guwahati railway station.
- The project was launched back in 2017, which is now completely ready after success in different phases.
3. Gina Haspel is new CIA director
- The US senate has appointed Gina Haspel as to be director of the Central Intelligence Agency.
- With appointment Ms. Haspel will be the first woman director of the spy agency CIA.
- Currently she is serving as acting director for the agency.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. Uttam Pacharne appointed Lalit Kala Akademi chairman
- The culture ministry has appointed Artist and sculptor Uttam Pacharne as regular chairman of the Lalit Kala Akademi.
- Earlier to him, M L Srivastava was given appointment of protem chairman of the Lalit Kala Akademi.
- Shri Uttam has been the recipient of National Lalit Kala Award 1985.
5. Himanta Biswa Sarma elected as Vice-President of Badminton Asia Confederation
- Himanta Biswa Sarma was elected as the Vice-President of Badminton Asia Confederation (BAC).
- The election took place during the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the continental body in Bangkok.
- He is also the President of Badminton Association of India (BAI).