17th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Read Today’s Current GK News
- 17th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Read Today’s Current GK News
- 1. Karnataka polls results, BJP’s Yeddyruppa to sworn as Karnataka’s new CM
- 2. Aditya Ghosh steps down as IndiGo President
- 3. President Ram Nath Kovind presents National Geoscience Awards
- 4. PM Modi lay foundation stone for construction of Zojila Tunnel in J&K
1. Karnataka polls results, BJP’s Yeddyruppa to sworn as Karnataka’s new CM
- Recently, in Karnataka election BJP won the contest.
- Now, BJP’s B.S. Yeddyurappa will take oath as Karnataka’s new CM.
- With this, Mr. Yeddyurappa is chief minister of Karnataka for the third time.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf Click Here
2. Aditya Ghosh steps down as IndiGo President
- IndiGo has recently made an announcement according to which Aditya Ghosh would step down as its President and Director while promoter Rahul Bhatia would become the interim CEO.
- Aditya Ghosh will be no more in power after July 31st.
- On the other hand, Bhatia who has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer would also continue as a director.
3. President Ram Nath Kovind presents National Geoscience Awards
- National Geoscience Awards for the year 2017 organized in the New Delhi.
- In the event total 22 geoscientists were awarded for their outstanding contributions in nine different fields of geosciences.
- Amongst all, Young Scientist Award was fetched by Dr.Shib Sankar Ganguli for his meritorious applied Geoscience contribution.
- The awards began in 1966 by the Ministry of Mines.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. PM Modi lay foundation stone for construction of Zojila Tunnel in J&K
- Shri Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone for construction of 14.2 kilometre long Zojila Tunnel in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Construction of the tunnel will provide all weather connectivity between Srinagar, Kargil and Leh.
- The tunnel will be the Asia’s longest bi-directional road tunnel.