17th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Read Today’s Current GK News
हिंदी में पढ़े! || Read in English
1. Karnataka polls results, BJP’s Yeddyruppa to sworn as Karnataka’s new CM
- Recently, in Karnataka election BJP won the contest.
- Now, BJP’s B.S. Yeddyurappa will take oath as Karnataka’s new CM.
- With this, Mr. Yeddyurappa is chief minister of Karnataka for the third time.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DUNmRMBa8jhnfOF_eNNqJRUTwBTpueps/view?usp=sharing"]Click Here[/button]
2. Aditya Ghosh steps down as IndiGo President
- IndiGo has recently made an announcement according to which Aditya Ghosh would step down as its President and Director while promoter Rahul Bhatia would become the interim CEO.
- Aditya Ghosh will be no more in power after July 31st.
- On the other hand, Bhatia who has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer would also continue as a director.
3. President Ram Nath Kovind presents National Geoscience Awards
- National Geoscience Awards for the year 2017 organized in the New Delhi.
- In the event total 22 geoscientists were awarded for their outstanding contributions in nine different fields of geosciences.
- Amongst all, Young Scientist Award was fetched by Dr.Shib Sankar Ganguli for his meritorious applied Geoscience contribution.
- The awards began in 1966 by the Ministry of Mines.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. PM Modi lay foundation stone for construction of Zojila Tunnel in J&K
- Shri Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone for construction of 14.2 kilometre long Zojila Tunnel in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Construction of the tunnel will provide all weather connectivity between Srinagar, Kargil and Leh.
- The tunnel will be the Asia’s longest bi-directional road tunnel.