21st May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily Current GK News
- 21st May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily Current GK News
- 1. PM Narendra Modi to attend informal summit in Sochi
- 2. Artificial Intelligence to be included in defence forces
- 3. INSV Tarini returns Goa after circumnavigating the globe
- 4. India 6th wealthiest country across world
- 5. Japanese director wins Cannes’ Palme d’ Or
1. PM Narendra Modi to attend informal summit in Sochi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to attend an informal summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Sochi.
- The summit is primarily focused on global and regional issues including the terrorism matters.
- Russia and Japan are the only two countries with which India holds annual bilateral summits.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf Click Here
2. Artificial Intelligence to be included in defence forces
- Indian defence unit has decided to go include Artificial Intelligence in its defence forces with an aim to enhance the operational preparation of the armed forces.
- The source of information was given by Defence Secretary (Production) Ajay Kumar.
- Other countries who have been using AI in their defence system are US, Russia and China.
- The INSV Tarini i.e. Indian naval sailing vessel Tarini has now returned to Goa completing the Navika Sagar Parikrama project after circumnavigating the globe.
- Specifically, this is the first time when the ship had women crew which involved six members who have covered around 21,000 nautical miles, or the circumference of the earth.
- The project would mark a milestone in promoting women empowerment in India and ocean sailing activities by the Indian Navy.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. India 6th wealthiest country across world
- A recent review has stated that India is the sixth wealthiest country in the world with a total wealth of 8,230 billion US dollars.
- The statement was revealed by AfrAsia Bank Global Wealth Migration review which calculated the total wealth.
- The total wealth here refers to the private wealth held by all the individuals living in each country.
- In the list US was the wealthiest country followed by China at second place and Japan is at the third place.
- Besides India, other countries among top 10 were UK, Germany, Australia, Canada, France and Italy.
5. Japanese director wins Cannes’ Palme d’ Or
- In the Cannes Film Festival being held at France, the highest award of the event i.e. Palme d’Or has been won by Japanese director Hirokazu Kore-eda for ‘Shoplifters.’
- Kore-eda is only the second Asian Palme d’Or winner. Also this is the seventh time that a director from Asia has bagged the coveted trophy.
- The second prize i.e. Grand Prix was won by the Brazilian comedy-drama titled ‘Diamantino’.