21st May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily Current GK News
1. PM Narendra Modi to attend informal summit in Sochi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to attend an informal summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Sochi.
- The summit is primarily focused on global and regional issues including the terrorism matters.
- Russia and Japan are the only two countries with which India holds annual bilateral summits.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ySlMeJtQBN5hs8kXZoKy809sgVMbZPBE/view?usp=sharing"]Click Here[/button]
2. Artificial Intelligence to be included in defence forces
- Indian defence unit has decided to go include Artificial Intelligence in its defence forces with an aim to enhance the operational preparation of the armed forces.
- The source of information was given by Defence Secretary (Production) Ajay Kumar.
- Other countries who have been using AI in their defence system are US, Russia and China.
3. INSV Tarini returns Goa after circumnavigating the globe
- The INSV Tarini i.e. Indian naval sailing vessel Tarini has now returned to Goa completing the Navika Sagar Parikrama project after circumnavigating the globe.
- Specifically, this is the first time when the ship had women crew which involved six members who have covered around 21,000 nautical miles, or the circumference of the earth.
- The project would mark a milestone in promoting women empowerment in India and ocean sailing activities by the Indian Navy.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. India 6th wealthiest country across world
- A recent review has stated that India is the sixth wealthiest country in the world with a total wealth of 8,230 billion US dollars.
- The statement was revealed by AfrAsia Bank Global Wealth Migration review which calculated the total wealth.
- The total wealth here refers to the private wealth held by all the individuals living in each country.
- In the list US was the wealthiest country followed by China at second place and Japan is at the third place.
- Besides India, other countries among top 10 were UK, Germany, Australia, Canada, France and Italy.
5. Japanese director wins Cannes’ Palme d’ Or
- In the Cannes Film Festival being held at France, the highest award of the event i.e. Palme d’Or has been won by Japanese director Hirokazu Kore-eda for ‘Shoplifters.’
- Kore-eda is only the second Asian Palme d’Or winner. Also this is the seventh time that a director from Asia has bagged the coveted trophy.
- The second prize i.e. Grand Prix was won by the Brazilian comedy-drama titled ‘Diamantino’.