24th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Read Daily GK News
1. Netherlands PM Mark Rutte begins India visit today
- The Prime Minister of Netherlands, Mark Rutte is on a two day visit to India.
- The visit aims to boost economic and political cooperation between both the countries with several agreements to be signed after negotiations.
- Both Prime Ministers will also address India-Dutch CEOs forum in New Delhi.
- Netherlands, the 5th largest investor in India is also home to a 2 lakh 35 thousand Indian diaspora.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ySlMeJtQBN5hs8kXZoKy809sgVMbZPBE/view?usp=sharing"]Click Here[/button]
2. NITI Aayog, ABB India signs pact
- The NITI Ayog and ABB India has signed pact to for latest technologies that includes robotics and artificial intelligence (AI).
- The NITI Aayog and ABB will work with government ministries for bringing industrial automation, and digitalization technologies.
- The first workshop for senior government officials under this collaboration would be organised in June in Bengaluru.
3. India moves to 44th rank in IMD’s competitiveness rankings
- In the annual rankings compiled by International Institute for Management Development (IMD) India has moved one step higher and now placed at 44th place for its competitiveness.
- In the list, India ranked the 12th most competitive economy out of the 14 Asian countries.
- The US became the most competitive company globally and stood on first place in terms of economic performance and infrastructure.
- Among top 5 countries, others were Hong Kong, Singapore, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. Prime Minister Modi chairs 26th Pragati interaction
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi chairs the twenty-sixth interaction through PRAGATI for handling the reviews of progress.
- The PRAGATI reviews nine infrastructure projects in Railways, Road, Petroleum and Power sectors.
5. AB de Villiers retires from international cricket
- The South African batsman AB de Villiers announced his decision to retire from international cricket with immediate effect.
- The cricketer made his debut for South Africa in 2004 and played 123 Tests, 228 ODIs, and 78 T20Is.