25th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Today’s Current GK Updates
1. India, Netherlands agree to take action against terrorism
- After the talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian counterpart Mark Rutte, both the countries have agreed to counter the terrorism.
- Netherlands has also reaffirmed its support to building consensus among members of the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) over India’s bid to be part of the elite grouping.
- Both the countries have shown their consent for commitment to strengthening disarmament and global non-proliferation efforts.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf Click Here
2. Indo-Dutch ties further strengthened with Solar Alliance
- The Netherlands has become the 64th signatory member of the International Solar Alliance.
- According to data, the Netherlands was the fifth largest foreign investor in India.
3. HRD Ministry launches Samagra Shiksha scheme
- The Human Resource Department Minister Prakash Javadekar has taken a major step under which Samagra Shiksha scheme for school education has been launched.
- The scheme focuses on improving quality of education, enhancing the Learning outcomes and using technology to empower children and teachers.
- The Samagra Shiksha program unifies learning from pre-school to class 12 levels and encloses elements of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Rashtriya Madhyamk Shiksha Abhiyan and teacher education.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. ASEAN India Film Festival begins in New Delhi
- The ASEAN India Film Festival begins in New Delhi today which will be inaugurated by Information and Broadcasting Minister Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore.
- During the six-day event 32 films from 11 countries will be screened during the film festival.
- The film festival is collaboration of Directorate of Film Festivals with the Ministry of External Affairs to commemorate 25 years of ASEAN and India relations.
5. WHO, Russia launch new campaign for football World Cup 2018
- Targeting the football fans, on the occasion of World Cup 2018, WHO and Russia has engaged to launch a new video campaign.
- The video aims to promote healthier and more active lives.
- The campaign consists of 3 videos, each tackling key health risk issues of Tobacco use, excessive salt consumption and physical inactivity.
- World Cup 2018 is starting from 14th of next month.