28th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English- Today’s Important Question
- 28th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English- Today’s Important Question
- 1. Queen Maxima of Netherlands on a visit to India
- 2. Prime Minister inaugurates Eastern Peripheral Expressway, Phase I
- 3. Oomen Chandy replaces Digvijaya as AICC in-charge of Andhra Pradesh
- 4. BCCI, UN Environment sign agreement to promote ‘green’ Cricket in India
1. Queen Maxima of Netherlands on a visit to India
- Queen Maxima of the Kingdom of the Netherlands is on her visit to India where she will be holding meetings with PM Narendra Modi and many other dignitaries.
- Other than him, she will also be meeting Vice Chairman of Niti Ayog, Amitabh Kant and Acting Finance Minister Piyush Goyal.
- The queen is also United Nations Secretary General’s Special Advocate for inclusive finance for development.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf Click Here
2. Prime Minister inaugurates Eastern Peripheral Expressway, Phase I
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has inaugurated a newly built expressway in Eastern Peripheral in Delhi Region.
- This is the first 14 lane Delhi-Meerut expressway of India and its Phase-I is stretching from Nizamuddin Bridge to Delhi UP Border.
- The EPE is also part of the green initiative which has solar panels implanted across its length.
3. Oomen Chandy replaces Digvijaya as AICC in-charge of Andhra Pradesh
- The Congress President, Rahul Gandhi has made some appointments recently for the All India Congress Committee.
- According to it, Kerala Chief Minister Oomen Chandy as AICC General Secretary is has been given the charge of Andhra Pradesh replacing Digvijaya Singh.
- Also, Gaurav Gogoi (Congress spokesperson) has been appointed as the party’s in-charge of West Bengal and Andaman and Nicobar Islands replacing C P Joshi.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. BCCI, UN Environment sign agreement to promote ‘green’ Cricket in India
- The BCCI and UN Environment has signed an agreement to promote ‘green’ Cricket in India ahead of the IPL final.
- The agreement was signed between BCCI acting secretary Amitabh Choudhary and Erik Solheim, Executive Director of UN Environment.
- It aims to spread awareness about environmental challenges facing the country, and highlight alternate and more sustainable solutions.
- The partnership will also focus on eliminating single-use plastic across stadiums in the country.