28th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English- Today’s Important Question
1. Queen Maxima of Netherlands on a visit to India
- Queen Maxima of the Kingdom of the Netherlands is on her visit to India where she will be holding meetings with PM Narendra Modi and many other dignitaries.
- Other than him, she will also be meeting Vice Chairman of Niti Ayog, Amitabh Kant and Acting Finance Minister Piyush Goyal.
- The queen is also United Nations Secretary General’s Special Advocate for inclusive finance for development.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ySlMeJtQBN5hs8kXZoKy809sgVMbZPBE/view?usp=sharing"]Click Here[/button]
2. Prime Minister inaugurates Eastern Peripheral Expressway, Phase I
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has inaugurated a newly built expressway in Eastern Peripheral in Delhi Region.
- This is the first 14 lane Delhi-Meerut expressway of India and its Phase-I is stretching from Nizamuddin Bridge to Delhi UP Border.
- The EPE is also part of the green initiative which has solar panels implanted across its length.
3. Oomen Chandy replaces Digvijaya as AICC in-charge of Andhra Pradesh
- The Congress President, Rahul Gandhi has made some appointments recently for the All India Congress Committee.
- According to it, Kerala Chief Minister Oomen Chandy as AICC General Secretary is has been given the charge of Andhra Pradesh replacing Digvijaya Singh.
- Also, Gaurav Gogoi (Congress spokesperson) has been appointed as the party’s in-charge of West Bengal and Andaman and Nicobar Islands replacing C P Joshi.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. BCCI, UN Environment sign agreement to promote ‘green’ Cricket in India
- The BCCI and UN Environment has signed an agreement to promote ‘green’ Cricket in India ahead of the IPL final.
- The agreement was signed between BCCI acting secretary Amitabh Choudhary and Erik Solheim, Executive Director of UN Environment.
- It aims to spread awareness about environmental challenges facing the country, and highlight alternate and more sustainable solutions.
- The partnership will also focus on eliminating single-use plastic across stadiums in the country.