7th March 2018 Current Affairs In English | Today GK Questions
1. Conrad Sangma, new leader of Meghalaya
- Conrad Sangma has been elected as the new CM of Meghlaya after winning the election against Congress.
- He is the 12th CM of the state from the party NPP (National People’s Party) who is also chief of it.
- The NPP was founded by Conrad’s father PA Sangma in 1978 who has taken charge of the party since his death in 2016.
2. Neiphiu Rio Appointed Nagaland CM
- Neiphiu has been elected as the new Chief Minister of Nagaland by the governor PB Acharya.
- The new minister will swear oath on 8th of March.
- Neiphiu has been the CM of Nagaland for 2 terns earlier as well i.e 2003-2008 & 2008-2014.
3. India and Malta discusses steps to strengthen ties
- To strengthen the ties between India and Malta the Foreign Affairs Minister of both the countries Sushma Swaraj and Carmelo Abela participated in the meeting held at New Delhi.
- The discussion has been done on trade, investment, IT, renewable energy, health, culture, consular, people-to-people sectors, regional and multilateral issues.
- India was one of the first countries to recognize the independence of Malta in 1964 and the two countries established diplomatic relations in 1965
4. India to join multilateral lender EBRD
- India is joining the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) to undertake joint investments in the operational regions of EBRD.
- Indian will be joining the group as the 69th
- EBRD has been setup in 1991 to reconstruct the economies after cold war era.
5. India have 121 billionaries, Forbes
- In the recent revealing of annual list by the Forbes India has 121 billionaires which is 19 more than last year
- Mukesh Amabani is the richest billionaire in the country while globally he stood 19th on the list of 2,208 billionaires worldwide. In 2017 listings he ranked 33rd
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos is the world’s richest man with assets valued at $112 billion according to Forbes.