10th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Top Current GK Update
1. India to host 15th Asia Media Summit
- India will host the 15th Asia Media Summit which will begin from 10th May which will observe representatives from nearly 40 countries for issues related to media.
- The theme of summit is “Telling Our Stories – Asia and More”.
- The summit will encourage regional and bilateral dialogue and cooperation to respond to challenges to the broadcasting sector.
- The summit will be hosted by the Information and Broadcasting Ministry, jointly with the Indian Institute of Mass Communication and Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Limited (BECIL).
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ESXYRznMIoo5GZ4kRtif_h0uiYbQmxUF/view?usp=sharing"]Click Here[/button]
2. India & Panama sign two agreements
- India and Panama have recently signed two agreements on exemption of Visas for holders of Diplomatic and Official Passports and in the field of Agriculture.
- These agreements were signed in the presence of Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and President of Panama Juan Carlos Varela Rodrigues.
- Also, two centres for Biodiversity and Innovation will be setup by India in Panama worth US $10 and US $15 million each.
3. The biggest global deal between Walmart and Flipkart
- In the recent deal of Walmart Inc, it has acquired 77% stake of domestic online retailer Flipkart for $16 billion.
- This is the largest e-commerce deal ever globally in the business industry.
- Despite its massive shareholding, Walmart plans to keep Flipkart as a separate brand and have an independent operating structure,.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. Mahathir Mohamad becomes Prime Minister of Malaysia
- At the age of 92, Malaysia’s leader Mahathir Mohamad is become the world’s oldest prime minister.
- This recent stunning victory of Mahatir comes in election against scandal-haunted leader Najib Razak.
5. India U-16 football team registers win against Jordan
- India’s Under-16 national football team on their international tournament in Serbia managed their 2-1 victory over Jordan.
- In the international tournament 4 nations will be participating.