30th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Read Current GK Questions
1. Power Minister launches web portal and App called PRAAPTIs
- The power minister RK Singh has launched a web portal namely PRAAPTI for bringing the transparency in power payments to generators.
- The PRAAPTI stands for ‘Payment Ratification And Analysis in Power procurement for bringing Transparency’.
- The portal will capture the Invoicing and payment data for various long-term Power Purchase Agreement-PPAs from the Generators.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf [button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ySlMeJtQBN5hs8kXZoKy809sgVMbZPBE/view?usp=sharing"]Click Here[/button]
2. 30th May, Goa celebrates its Statehood Day
- The Goa is celebrating its statehood day each year on 30th May since 1987. It was the day when Goa became India’s 25th
- Since that time, Daman and Diu were separated from Goa and continue to be administered as a union territory.
- Prior to its, Goa was a Union territory namely Goa, Daman and Diu.
3. PM Modi begins Indonesia Visit
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has begun his trip to Indonesia which begins by paying homage to Indonesian martyrs of independence struggle at the Kalibata National Heroes’ Cemetery in Jakarta.
- The cemetery was built in 1953 and opened in November 1954 where 7000 military casualties and veterans of Indonesian independence war are buried.
- The visit to East Asia over 3 nations is aimed to build the political, economic and strategic interest of the two friendly maritime neighbors.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz Questions[button color="" size="" type="3d" target="_blank" link="https://chekrs.com/onlinetest/quiz/"]Click Here[/button]
4. Sudha Balakrishnan appointed first CFO of Reserve Bank of India
- The Reserve Bank of India has appointed Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the Reserve Bank of India.
- This is the first ever RBI appointment given to the NSDL executive.
- Sudha Balakrishnan will be the 12th executive director of the RBI, and will have a three year term.
5. Ganeshi Lal sworn in as new governor of Odisha
- Ganeshi Lal has been appointed as the new Governor of Odisha state.
- He has been former Haryana BJP president and also former Haryana minister.
- Also in the event, Bihar Governor Satya Pal Malik was given the additional charge of Odisha.