30th May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Read Current GK Questions
1. Power Minister launches web portal and App called PRAAPTIs
- The power minister RK Singh has launched a web portal namely PRAAPTI for bringing the transparency in power payments to generators.
- The PRAAPTI stands for ‘Payment Ratification And Analysis in Power procurement for bringing Transparency’.
- The portal will capture the Invoicing and payment data for various long-term Power Purchase Agreement-PPAs from the Generators.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf Click Here
2. 30th May, Goa celebrates its Statehood Day
- The Goa is celebrating its statehood day each year on 30th May since 1987. It was the day when Goa became India’s 25th
- Since that time, Daman and Diu were separated from Goa and continue to be administered as a union territory.
- Prior to its, Goa was a Union territory namely Goa, Daman and Diu.
3. PM Modi begins Indonesia Visit
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has begun his trip to Indonesia which begins by paying homage to Indonesian martyrs of independence struggle at the Kalibata National Heroes’ Cemetery in Jakarta.
- The cemetery was built in 1953 and opened in November 1954 where 7000 military casualties and veterans of Indonesian independence war are buried.
- The visit to East Asia over 3 nations is aimed to build the political, economic and strategic interest of the two friendly maritime neighbors.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. Sudha Balakrishnan appointed first CFO of Reserve Bank of India
- The Reserve Bank of India has appointed Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the Reserve Bank of India.
- This is the first ever RBI appointment given to the NSDL executive.
- Sudha Balakrishnan will be the 12th executive director of the RBI, and will have a three year term.
5. Ganeshi Lal sworn in as new governor of Odisha
- Ganeshi Lal has been appointed as the new Governor of Odisha state.
- He has been former Haryana BJP president and also former Haryana minister.
- Also in the event, Bihar Governor Satya Pal Malik was given the additional charge of Odisha.