31st May 2018 Current Affairs GK in English | Daily GK News Updates
1. 31st May, World Tobacco Day
- The last date of May month each year is observed as World Tobacco Day to avoid its consumption.
- Tobacco being consumed through second hand exposure (non smokers) of smoke is the major cause of cardiovascular disease, contributing to three million deaths a year.
- Also, Global tobacco epidemic kills more than 7 million people each year.
Today's Current Affairs GK Quiz Pdf Click Here
2. Govt to launch first ever guidelines for Adventure Tourism
- The Government of India for the first time will be issuing guidelines for Adventure Tourism in India.
- The guidelines have been formulated with the Adventure Tour Operators Association of India to make the adventure sport safe.
- The safety guidelines will cover land, air and water based activities such as bungee jumping, paragliding, kayaking, scuba diving, snorkeling and many more.
3. India, Indonesia sign 15 strategic pacts
- On the visit to Indonesia of Shri Narendra Modi both the countries has improved their partnership by signing 15 agreements from different sectors in talks with Indonesian President Widodo.
- This visit was the first ever official visit of the PM to the country.
- Among others, India announces 30-day free visa for Indonesian citizens and agreed to organize an inter-faith dialogue in Indonesia in early October 2018.
Check Today's Top Current Affairs GK Quiz QuestionsClick Here
4. Ministry of railways organizes workshop on ‘Mission Raftar’
- Ministry of Railways conducted a one day workshop “Mission Raftaar” aimed to increase the average speed of trains for both freight and coaching trains.
- The workshop was inaugurated by Shri Rajen Gohain, Minister of State for Railways.
- The Mission Raftar aims to double the average speed of trains by 25kmph over a five year period.