1st February 2018 Current Affairs in English, Today GK News Pdf
1. PM Modi to lay foundation of diplomatic institute in Palestine
- On February 10, PM Narendra Modi is expected to visit the from Amman in Jordan to arrive at Palestine.
- The visit is organized for laying the foundation stone of new diplomatic training institute.
- The government of India has also sanctioned US$4.5 million for the Indo-Palestine Diplomatic Institute.
- PM Modi’s visit will be the first by an Indian Prime Minister to Palestine.
2. HRD announces graduates from IIT, NIT to teach in rural areas
- The Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar made the announcement that students of IITs and NITs will be teaching at 53 government engineering colleges which lacks behind in technical education.
- The teachers will be there on a three-year contract and get paid Rs70,000 a month.
- The focus has been set to improve studies in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Tripura, Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha and the Andaman and the Nicobar Islands.
3. National Ladies billiards title won by a 52 year old, Umadevi Nagaraja
- R Umadevi Nagaraja from Bengaluru participated in the National Billiards and Snooker championship and ended up winning the National Ladies billiards title.
- It is her 6th title for the National Championship where earlier she won in 2002, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Also Umadevi till now has bagged 11 State titles in billiards and four in snooker.
4. ‘Buried Seed’, Vikas Khanna’s story book launched
- The book titled- Buried Seeds: A Chef’s Journey — The Story of Vikas Khanna has been launched by the Wisdom Tree Publishers.
- The author of the book is Karan Bellani.
- The Chef Vikas Khanna is among most popular and respected chefs who has been rated “Sexiest Men Alive” by People’s magazine.
- Also the documentary of Chef’s life: Buried Seeds: A Life Journey of Chef Vikas Khanna” has been debuted at Cannes Film Festival last year.
5. Indian team for CWG shooting announced
- The NRAI (National Rifle Association of India) has announced its team of 27 members for the Common Wealth Games of 2018.
- The Common Wealth Games for this year will be staged in Gold Coast Australia in April.
- For the shooters team the association has appointed 15 men and 12 women players making it 27 players to represent India.