15th January 2018 Current Affairs in English, Daily GK Questions
1. Army Day: PM and President Salutes to brave hearts
- January 15 is celebrated as Army Day annually to mark the day when Field Marshal KM Cariappa took charge as the first Indian Army chief in 1949.
- To showcase the event of Army Day annual parade at the Cariappa Parade Ground in Delhi is organized.
- On the eve of 70th Army Day President Ram Nath Kovind and Prime Minister Narendra Modi saluted the Indian Army and veterans for putting the nation first.
2. 22 nations to join disaster meet in India
- More than 22 countries have confirmed their participation in the 2 day event of International meet.
- The meeting is being hosted along with UN to build global coalition for development of disaster resilient infrastructure. The agenda of the step is to spend $1.5trillion on the infrastructure in next 10 years.
- The PM Modi with UNISDR (UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction) is partnering with Word Bank and various others multilateral agencies.
3. PM Modi, Israeli counterpart Netanyahu to hold delegation levels talk today
- The Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will be meeting PM Narendra Modi at Hyderabad House related to the ooperation in innovation, technology transfer, defence supplies, and economic relations.
- The visit marks 25 years of establishment between the countries in 6 months.
- This is the first visit to India by an Israeli Prime Minister since Ariel Sharon came in 2003.
4. Indian Navy to acquire its third Navy aircraft
- The Indian Navy is proposing for acquiring its third aircraft carrier with additional component of 57 fighter aircraft.
- Currently only one aircraft carrier is operational in the INS Vikramaditya while other one is at the INS Vikrant which is currently under construction at the Cochin Shipyard Limited.
- Citing the threat of China, Navy will be constructing nuclear powered aircraft carrier using the American Technology.
5. Bank of India postpones Rs 3,000 crore QIP plan
- The Bank of India has deferred the capital raising plan through private placement of equity shares.
- The QIP ((Qualified Institutional Placement) plan has been cancelled due to government’s decision to infuse 2257 crore capital support into the bank.
We know what’s UpcomingWant to know them?
|Agriculture Jobs||Air Force Jobs||Army Jobs|
|Bank Jobs||BPO Jobs||Content Writing Jobs|
|CRPF Jobs||Defence Jobs||Engineering Jobs|
Education Wise Jobs
|10th Pass Jobs||12th Pass Jobs||8th Pass|
|B Pharma||B.Arch Jobs||B.COM Jobs|
|B.ED Jobs||B.SC Jobs||B.Tech Jobs|